Kiewit Corporation Mid-Level Substation Designer - Kiewit Power Engineering in Lenexa, Kansas
Requisition ID: 142680
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
We are currently looking for a motivated Substation Designer/Drafter to join our growing Substation and Transmission Line Design team in Columbus, OH. As part of the team of highly specialist design professional, you will support variety of substation, transmission and distribution project ranging from 12kv to 500kV. We are supporting both engineering design and EPC projects for clients throughout the country.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Power district, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPC delivery model for power facilities. We offer a variety of engineering services, including owner's engineering, project development, detailed engineering and design, construction management and plant services. Our engineering teams bring power projects to life across North America in the following areas:
Renewables and new technology
This position is based out of Lenexa, KS.
• Work with Engineers and Designers to develop the design documents and drawings for Substation or Transmission Line project.
• Create design/construction drawing package for substation design project including substation general plan, elevation and detail, bill of material, conduit and cable schedule.
• Provide drafting support for various type of substation project including physical, electrical and protection and control design.
• Utilize company standards, client standards, and/or Engineering direction to produce new drawings and update existing drawings utilizing AutoCAD, MicroStation or PLS-C ADD
• Maintain document management system with quality data.
• Train, develop and mentor the less-experienced design team members
• Perform quality control checks and provide feedback to team members
• At least 5 years’ experience in Design and/or Drafting disciplines with a background in Electrical substation or Transmission line design
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Drafting/Design preferred; minimum GED Diploma with drafting or electrical design training.
• Experience working with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
• Ability to work in a growing, adaptive and multi-discipline team environment
• Ability to work independently with limited direction and oversight
• Legally able to work within the United States for any length of time
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; fluent in English language
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.