Kiewit Process Engineer - Conceptual Design & Simulation in Lenexa, Kansas
Requisition ID: 168586
Job Level: Senior Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit OGC Engineering
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
We are an innovative team of engineers and designers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s module fabrication and construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc. is a full-service engineering firm serving oil, gas and chemical markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the LNG, midstream, refining, and petrochemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing oil, gas and chemical team, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPCC delivery model for dynamic process facilities.
This position can be based out of any of our Engineering hub offices in Houston, TX; Lenexa, KS; or Lone Tree, CO and typically requires less than 25 percent travel. Opportunities for flexible work are available.
• Expertise in steady state simulation modeling (2+ years)
• Ability to develop simulation from concept
• Experience in working on Conceptual Design with clients to deliver optimized solutions
• Expertise in dynamic simulation modeling a plus
• Generate design deliverables such as Process flow diagrams, process simulations, Heat and Material Balances, data sheets and engineering calculations including hydraulics, process simulations and performance flow curves.
• Considers multiple solutions and makes good decisions based on good data analysis.
• Performs complex calculations and applies standards correctly without supervision. Takes lead when works with peers.
• Possesses critical analytical skills.
• Develops and leads others in ways of improving the design and lowering cost.
• Applies techniques/technologies to improve processes and business results.
• Utilizes industry and company standards to design and engineer effectively.
• Serves as resource to less experienced engineers.
• Performs assigned work efficiently and effectively to maximize person productivity.
• Establishes credibility in terms of technical competency and team leading ability.
• Prioritizes time to meet team commitments and individual work requirements.
• Contribute to the development of client proposals and project cost estimates.
• Provide resolution of technical issues associated with design, construction, equipment and/or operations of processes.
• Manages several different assignments simultaneously.
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering minimum required.
• 5 year minimum relevant experience in refining and petrochemical industry.
• Aspen HYSYS, Pro II, ProMax and other process simulation tools.
• Travel < 20% expected.
• Self directs work with limited supervision.
• Provides guidance, leadership and training to less experienced engineers.
• Leads small team to complete task/design on project.
• Works with project team as representative and coordinates work within discipline department.
• Adjusts to varying demands of work and performs well.
• Develops and presents work in well-constructed written and verbal presentations. Clearly conveys messages and ideas, gains understanding.
• Communicates effectively with supervisor and members of immediate department.
• Works collaboratively across departments and involves others in solving problems. Initiates meetings within own team, other disciplines or internal customers for clarity on work.
• Supports project teams and departments in a positive and productive manner. Works well with other to accomplish common goals and objectives.
• Serves as technical resource and point of contact for external or internal customers.
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
Base Compensation: $124,341 - $191,115
(Actual compensation is subject to variation due to such factors as education, experience, skillset, and/or location)
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.