Kiewit Project Controls Manager - Kiewit Power Constructors in Lenexa, Kansas
Requisition ID: 167613
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Power Constructors District
Department: Project Controls
Employment Type: Full Time
Project Controls drives management decision making towards minimizing project cost, schedule, and risk. The Project Controls Manager works closely with Business and Estimating to ensure that any quantity deviations from budget are properly accounted for and that projects are supported by the proper people, tools, and procedures to produce quality reporting and analysis.
Kiewit Power Constructors (KPC) provides direct-hire construction services for Power Generation utilizing a union craft force. Kiewit Power Constructors builds major EPC and bid-build power plant, solar field, and wind farm projects throughout North America.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
• Lead a small project controls team comprised of schedulers, takeoff leads and cost analysts.
• Provide timely and accurate project controls reporting and communication to management for large Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) power generation projects.
• Manage quantity take-offs to support earned value and material purchasing. Coordinate with the project team to ensure that ensure that the take-offs are done in accordance with the construction means and methods. Provide visibility to changes in quantities from estimate through project completion and be able to communicate how those changes impact construction, engineering, and commissioning.
• Oversee the creation of and updates to an integrated EPC schedule in Primavera P6. Work with the scheduler to load resources, maintain labor hour forecasts, and report schedule variances per established deadlines. Prepare, review, and update weekly/monthly progress reporting that includes earned value schedule progress, schedule forecasting, and executive management summaries.
• Manage project controls data systems and apply quality control measures to ensure data integrity.
• Ensure the project is compliant with district project controls standards.
• Effectively communicate in a geographically dispersed, matrix organization.
• Relocate and/or travel as required to support the project team.
• Undergraduate degree in construction management, engineering or related discipline
• 5 years of construction, project controls or systems engineering experience.
• Ability to analytically solve problems and a willingness to utilize new software and technology in job duties.
• Advanced usage of Microsoft Excel. Familiarity with Microsoft Access/SQL, Power BI and/or Tableau a plus.
• Military veterans are encouraged to apply. Military experience will be considered in lieu of direct construction experience.
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.