Kiewit Project Engineer- Kiewit Power Constructors in Lenexa, Kansas
Requisition ID: 154879
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Power Constructors District
Department: Project Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Project Engineer, you will be responsible for the administrative and technical aspects of constructing a project, managing a team of field and cost engineers. Do you have strong interpersonal and information management skills? In this role, you will be the main conduit of information between the construction manager and the team for cost, revenue, cash flow information. Do you have strong mentorship skills? You will have the opportunity to develop the people below you. If this sounds like a match for you, read on!
Kiewit Power Constructors (KPC) provides direct-hire construction services for Power Generation utilizing a union craft force. Kiewit Power Constructors builds major EPC power plant projects throughout North America.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
• Perform scheduling of the project
• Revenue, cost, and cash flow management
• Temp engineering
• Permanent design management and quality control
• Project closeout
• Client relations
• Assist in Operations planning
• Administer contracts and subcontracts
• Ability to travel and relocate as needed
• Undergraduate degree in Construction Management, Construction Engineering or equivalent
• 5+ years’ work experience in construction or engineering
• 2+ years' experience managing engineers
• Ability to read, analyze and identify discrepancies on engineering plans, specifications, and contract documents
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Regular, reliable attendance
• Work productively and meet deadlines timely
• Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment.
• Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
• Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.
• May work at various different locations and conditions may vary.
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.