Thermo Fisher Scientific Site Support Engineer II in Lenexa, Kansas
· Corporate Infrastructure and Security Site Support
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Combination of experience and education considered
· ITIL certification preferred
Roles & Responsibilities
· Provide in-house support for End Users
· IMAC Support
· Able to perform the following without direct involvement from manager, senior team member, or lead
· Provide resolutions for users for Corporate applications and hardware
· Support resolutions for business group applications
· Incident and Request Queue management - Ticket creation/Categorization/Prioritization
· Partnering to direct customers to respective Support Group
· 3 - 5 years’ experience in Desktop support.
· Understanding of client/server networks, protocols, common Internet services, Active Directory
· Confirmed problem solving abilities
· Good interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication and customer management experience
· Work experience interacting with colleagues globally
· Knowledge on operations/service delivery
· Strong analytical orientation, as well as creative problem-solving skills, to be able to evaluate problems and concepts from different perspectives; use data to identify key issues/opportunities and arrive at sound and logical solutions that improve employee experience
· Good understanding of Computers and Trouble shooting skills required.
· Ability to work in a team and provide input to solution
· Communicate efficiently with vendors and escort them around a facility and engage the vendor regarding the purpose of their visit.
· Work with functional support teams to assist customers and drive speedy resolutions.
Required & Technical Skills
· Ability to tackle, diagnose, and resolve issues on PC’s and 3rd party applications supported by Corporate Infrastructure and Security
· Ability follow, update and edit KB articles to fix, diagnose, and resolve or hand off to higher tiered support, issues with network connectivity, such as VPN or wireless connectivity, Active Directory, security incidents, servers, and business applications.
· Ability to provide "smart-hands" support computer rooms, IDF’s, MDF’s and physical equipment such as servers, switches, routers, printers.
· PC / Laptop installation, configuration(imaging) and problem resolution
· IMAC Request fulfilment
· Printer/Scanners installation coordination, and vendor interaction
· Phone & Mobile devices installation configuration and break fix.
· Level 2/3 support for PC, Printer, Scanner, Phone (Remotely unresolvable by Service Desk)
· Snow queue management (review queue, self-assignment of tickets, assign tickets, ticket closures)
· Mounting & Un-mounting Hardware’s in data center (Switch, Routers, Servers, etc..)
· Maintain IDF/MDF daily health checks and maintaining data center health check list register
· Ability to manage multiple assignments, has good judgment, and prioritizes projects and time optimally
· Ability to identify new tasks that need to be performed for support or operations and work with management for execution
· Software installation at PC level and Server level
· Read, Write and Speak local language.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.