Kiewit Corporation SmartPlant Materials Administrator in Lenexa, Kansas
SmartPlant Materials Administrator
Date: Feb 1, 2019
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 75896
Kiewit is looking to expand its engineering technology department into a world class organization able to supports Kiewit’s operational and development needs as it relates to engineering applications, especially Kiewit’s fully integrated SmartPlant environment. This position will work with other team members, Engineering and Design Departments to provide operational and development support. This position will be focused on supporting EPC projects using SmartPlant Materials and serving as the subject matter expert for SmartPlant Materials across the Kiewit organization.
• Installation and configuration of SmartPlant Materials (SPMAT) , SmartPlant Reference Data (SPRD), and other related modules, including onsite support
• Support projects dealing with data conversion and conversion of paper engineering specifications
• Assist PP&M services delivery organization in resolution of customer issues
• Lead requirements workshops and define functional requirements/design documentation
• Review SPMAT and SPRD implementation projects to ensure delivery per applicable scope
• Provide on-site guidance on deployment of SPMAT and SPRD at customer sites
• Assist other PP&M personnel as needed
• Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the Manager
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in related field
• Product knowledge – SmartPlant Reference Data and SmartPlant Materials
• Business knowledge – engineering knowledge, catalog management, materials management
• Consulting – demo software, conduct training classes, communication skills, translate user requirements into solution, project management skills
• Technical – develop interfaces/reports/CIPS, install software, database tuning/performance/troubleshooting skills
• General – worked in a consulting/services environment, no travel restrictions, self-starter with minimal supervision, independent, confident and presentable.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Engineer, Consulting, Drafting, Database, Wastewater, Engineering, Technology