Kansas State University Academic Services Coordinator (College of Veterinary Medicine) in Manhattan, Kansas
About this Role:
The Academic Recruitment Coordinator at KSU-CVM reports directly to the Assistant Dean of Admissions. Primary responsibilities include coordination and implementation of programs and activities related to relationship building and recruitment of prospective students for the DVM program. This position will also assist in the development of the College Recruitment Plan and identify marketing and recruitment opportunities to promote quality, diversity, and inclusiveness within the student body. Travel within and outside of Kansas is required.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the* Principles of Community.*
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and implement the College’s recruitment-related social media, and prospective student communication efforts. Create marketing strategies and materials for the college. Communicate effectively with prospective students and with CVM administrators/faculty ensuring that the best fit students are encouraged and selected for the DVM program. Manage full cycle recruitment including sourcing, assessing, and enrolling students in the DVM program. Act as the primary link between the prospective student and the College of Veterinary Medicine. Responsible for conducting preliminary interviews, reviewing credentials and resumes, and ensuring the DVM program is paired with candidates that meet and fulfill the criteria to be successful in the program. Assist prospective students, both in person, and at a distance, in the decision-making, application, and enrollment process. Assist with the development and interpretation of internal reports related to student recruitment. Work closely with the Associate Dean for Academic Programs and the Assistant Dean for Admissions to develop and manage a strong national recruitment program and presence.
- Recruit prospective students by making college visits, attending health professions career fairs, and other events where a college recruitment presence is appropriate. Assist with developing new and innovative special events and recruitment activities as well developing ways and means to create a greater impact through the recruitment events conducted by the college. Establish relationships with organizations and communities to bolster recruitment from underrepresented communities. Network with and cultivate relationships with undergraduate pre-veterinary advisors across the state and identified schools across the country. Respond to inquiries from prospective students using, but not limited to, telephone, email, and social media/online chat.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in student development, advisement and retention
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivation, attention to detail and organizational skills are also required
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$ 21.09 - $ 32.69 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Department: 3670080010 Vet Med Center Dean of
Job no: 509471
Work type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Veterinary Medicine
Pay Grade: 09A
Advertised: Aug 05, 2020 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled