Kansas State University Libraries Assistant Director III - Athletics Liaison in Manhattan, Kansas
About This Role:
Leveraging a robust understanding of the complex regulations governing the receipt of federal, state, institutional, and private forms of student financial assistance. This position serves to ensure that the university meets the NCAA legislative/regulatory obligations for its varsity level student athletes as recipients of various forms of student financial assistance. In this capacity the incumbent serves as a 3rd party auditor for K-State Athletics (KSA).
The position requires the utilization of K-State’s Student Information System, KSIS as well as JumpForward, a 3rd party NCAA compliance software. Kansas State University takes great pride in providing first rate service to student athletes. Consequently, the successful candidate for this position should possess a strong track record of providing customer service that is accurate, timely, and empathetic in a fast paced environment.
Why Join Us:
The staff members in the Office of Student Financial Assistance serve students and their families now and throughout their time at Kansas State University.
This position is benefits eligible: health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition assistance program, paid time off – vacation, sick and holidays.
To learn more visit: http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the Principles of Community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of three years relevant experience in collegiate sports administration and/or collegiate student financial aid administration.
- Working familiarity with the administration of various programs under the federal, Title IV, student financial aid umbrella
- Working familiarity with NCAA regulation/legislation as it applies to the maintenance of eligibility for collegiate student athletes
- Demonstrable ability to research and apply complex regulatory guidance to routine business tasks
- Work experience in performing accounting/reconciliation procedures
- Working familiarity with MS Office Suite and other administrative/business data systems
- Preferred strong motivation to adopt new processing procedures in response to managerial direction and emerging technologies.
- Individual may not be in default on a federal student loan and/or owe an overpayment on a federal student aid grant – to ensure that the individual may be issued access to various student aid databases by the U.S. Department of Education essential to completing tasks associated with this position.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Three professional/academic reference
*Please note: only complete applications consisting of all three documents will be considered.*
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Salary Range/ Pay Rate:
$46,534 - $74,455
*Please note: the minimum salary for this position is $46,534. Salary offers are typically made between the minimum and midpoint of the salary range. The range includes both the typical hiring range and potential future progression.*
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Department: 3670009120 Student Financial Assistance
Job no: 503752
Work type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Academic Advising / Support, Administrative / Professional, Student Affairs / Services, Athletics
Advertised: 17 Jul 2018 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled