Kansas State University Libraries Assistant/Associate Professor or Instructor (Building Structural Systems Design) in Manhattan, Kansas
About This Role:
The Department of Architectural Engineering and Construction Science in the College of Engineering is looking for a new faculty member at all levels to focus on teaching building structural systems design. This is an opportunity for you to join our faculty and share your professional expertise in the building design and construction industry with students. Our faculty take pride in being focused on communicating industry experience and practical knowledge to develop the next generation of professionals. As with all our faculty, the majority of your time will be concentrated on students in the form of classroom instruction, advising, and service. The successful applicant will be expected to join the department at the beginning of fall 2019 semester. Highly qualified individuals will be considered for endowed positions.
Why Join Us:
Our department at Kansas State University is one of the nation’s leading engineering programs focused on the design and construction of buildings and building systems. We offer a four-year ABET-accredited B.S. degree in Architectural Engineering, an accelerated BS/MS degree in architectural engineering, an M.S. degree in Architectural Engineering, and an ACCE-accredited B.S. degree in Construction Science and Management. We also currently have 17 faculty positions, approximately 550 undergraduate students, and 25 graduate students (see www.ksu.edu/are-cns/) Our department has a record of success in the following areas: * Placement of graduates – typically 100% placement at time of graduation * Connecting students and employers for summer internships * National and regional award recipients in student competition teams * Generous industry support from alumni and employers in the form of scholarships, endowed chairs, and professorships
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the Principles of Community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- A Master’s of Science degree in architectural engineering or civil engineering with an emphasis in building structural design is required. An earned Ph.D. in an applicable engineering discipline is preferred.
- Exceptional background in structural engineering as applied to building structures.
- Minimum of five years experience in building structural engineering, along with professional engineering (PE) licensure in the U.S.
- Proficient in computer applications and preparation of construction documents for building projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Structural engineer (SE) Licensure in the U.S.
- Minimum of ten years experience in structural engineering with significant experience in a supervisory and/or project management capacity.
- Building structural systems teaching experience.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate project work across multiple areas of building design and construction.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
How to Apply:
Submit to the following documents as a single PDF to (http://careers.k-state.edu/cw/en-us/job/505250):
- Cover letter
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
February 2019 and continues until position is filled.
Salary Range/ Pay Rate:
Salary is dependent upon qualifications. The University provides excellent benefits options for Retirement Plan, Medical, Vision, and Dental Plans, and Life Insurance.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Department: 3670045040 Architectural Engr & Const Sc
Job no: 505250
Work type: Academic / Faculty - 9 month
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Applied Sciences, Engineering
Advertised: 03 Dec 2018 Central Standard Time
Applications close: Open until filled