Kansas State University Fellow (Post Doc) (Biology) in Manhattan, Kansas
About This Role:
The laboratory of Dr. Lorena Passarelli in the Division of Biology seeks a highly motivated person to fill the position of postdoctoral fellow researcher. Applicants must be inquisitive and have demonstrated the ability to do independent work. The qualified individual will investigate mechanisms of invertebrate virus pathogenesis, focusing on candidate viral genes that affect virus replication.
Why Join Us:
The Division of Biology awards undergraduate degrees in three areas (Biology, Microbiology, and Fisheries, Wildlife & Conservation Biology) and currently serves over 600 majors. Kansas State University is located in the city of Manhattan (http://www.ci.manhattan.ks.us), a pleasant community of about 50,000 located in the scenic Flint Hills of northeastern Kansas, about 2 hours from Kansas City. Local recreational opportunities include a large lake/park system, diverse outdoor activities, athletic events, and a rich program in the performing arts. Manhattan also serves as the regional center for education, health care, commerce, entertainment and communications.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Ph.D. in virology, microbiology, cell or molecular biology, biochemistry or related field
- Laboratory experience and demonstrated productivity as shown by at least two published first author manuscripts in reputable international journals
- Excellent technical, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand and critique primary literature
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Experience in the field of molecular biology
- Previous experience in virology
- Previous experience working with proteins
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- Cover letter detailing qualifications and interest in the position
- Curriculum vitae
- Names and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled
Salary Range/ Pay Rate:
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Department: 3670020060 Biology
Job no: 509619
Work type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Research / Scientific / Grants, Natural / Quantitative Sciences
Pay Grade: 001
Advertised: Aug 31, 2020 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled