Kansas State University Fellow (Post Doc) in Manhattan, Kansas
About This Role:
The Division of Biology at Kansas State University is seeking a Post-Doctoral Fellow for a full-time open position in the Wallace Lab.
Why Join Us:
Our multidisciplinary research approach offers growth opportunities for a motivated, enthusiastic individual. Kansas State University is located in Manhattan, a beautiful college town nestled against the Flint Hills in Kansas. Manhattan was recently rated by Forbes to be third in the list of best small places for careers. Similarly, the University has been rated by Business Insider to be in the Top 20 best college campuses in the nation. The position provides full benefits.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the Principles of Community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- A Ph.D. in relevant biological field. A strong background in standard molecular/cellular biology techniques. Extensive experience with tissue culture and immunofluorescence microscopy is required. Strong organizational and leadership skills, enthusiasm for the research and desire to work are a must. Track record of productive research demonstrated by a minimum of 2 first author publications. In addition, the ideal candidate will work both independently and as part of a team as well as provide both intellectual and technical input on the projects.
- Familiarity with immunofluorescence microscopy, lenti/retroviral cell line generation, DNA damage repair and/or virology is a plus.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- CV (including complete publication record)
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Salary Range/ Pay Rate:
$47,476 per year
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Department: 3670020060 Biology
Job no: 509392
Work type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Research / Scientific / Grants, Natural / Quantitative Sciences
Pay Grade: 001
Advertised: Jul 16, 2020 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled