Kansas State University Food Service Worker in Manhattan, Kansas
About This Role:
Food Service Workers make good things happen and support the service and production of safe, wholesome food for the residents and guests in our residence hall dining centers. Duties related to service or production of food may be assigned. Responsibilities/duties of this role include:
- Prepare a variety of uncomplicated entrees and side dishes using standardized recipes to provide high-quality food. Prepare fresh vegetables and fruits. Clean equipment after each use and assist with prepping labeling, and freezing ingredients.
- Set-up and prepare cafeteria, salad bar, fruit/dessert area, and dining room area for service of food. Set temperature of food holding equipment; collect utensils, baskets, pans; prepare condiments and beverages; place food on serving areas.
- Provide for customer needs during meal service by promoting quick, friendly service, assisting customers with special needs, and keeping serving and dining areas clean.
- Participate in daily meetings and interact with other employees effectively to achieve goals.
- Operate, clean, and sanitize equipment in warewashing area and dish return belts. Clean and sanitize all tableware trays, utensils, pots, pans. Clean dining facility and launders, folds, and store linens. Follow all established HACCP and food safety procedures.
- May provide training and guidance to hourly student employees.
- Perform all duties assigned in a manner that promotes a team-oriented, harmonious work environment that espouses civility and the University Principles of Community. Support a teaching laboratory environment for students enrolled in academic-related programs.
Why Join Us:
We offer a team-oriented workplace focused on serving K-State students. Our staff enjoy serving and interacting with K-State students and know their contributions support the academic pursuits of our students. Unlike many foodservice positions, our positions include a generous comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, paid time off, retirement plan, and tuition assistance: http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the Principles of Community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Prefer some knowledge of large scale food production, service, equipment, food safety, and sanitation procedures.
- Some food production, baking, and/or service experience in an institutional or volume setting.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to learn to perform basic math computations; to accurately weigh and measure ingredients, to use and care for equipment and handle food safely while preparing high-quality products.
Other Requirements and Information:
- This position is considered essential during a Declaration of Inclement Weather.
- Moderate physical exertion is required to perform the essential functions of this position. This includes, but is not limited to, lifting, bending, reaching, pushing/pulling, repetitive movement, transporting items up to 50 lbs.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please complete the online application form
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until filled.
Anticipated Hiring Rate:
$10.69 per hour. _Some work shifts are eligible for an additional $.60 per hour shift differential. _
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Department: 3670009200 Department of Housing & Dining
Job no: 509689
Work type: Staff Full Time (USS)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Dining / Hospitality, Customer Service
Pay Grade: 01A
Advertised: Sep 10, 2020 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled