Riley County Paramedic [Part-Time] in Manhattan, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12457339
The Paramedic will lead and provide direct patient care within their scope of practice independently and in support of their partner in the pre-hospital, and inter-facility transfer settings. The employee will participate in the care and maintenance of facilities, equipment, and ambulances. The employee must be able to work independently, prioritize multiple tasks and maintain a high level of patient/customer satisfaction.
- Proficiently performs skills within the scope of practice of a Paramedic in a compassionate and caring manner
- Proficiently performs ALS skills including advanced airway management, IV/OV insertion, medication administration, 4-Lead and 12-Lead EKG placement and interpretation, defibrillation and pacing, chest decompression. This list is not all inclusive.
- Leads, anticipates, and reacts to partner\'s needs in support of patient care
- Works independently, multi-tasks and manages a multi-casualty scene
- Maintains professional image and promotes professional relationships among EMS, health care and other public service personnel and encourages communication at all levels
- Documents accurately and timely the electronic medical record
- Participates in routine shift duties (daily, weekly, and monthly activities)
- Is available for event standby time per guidelines
- Maintains positive and professional relationship with local emergency service provides, hospital staff, physicians, and other community shareholders
- Performs other duties as assigned