City of Manhattan Parking Control Officer in Manhattan, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/ada/r/jobs/11462966
Parking Control Officer Description (https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/493052)
Starting Salary: $13.58/hr. or $28,246.40 annualized
How to apply: Using the “apply” button on this page, please complete the required online application, upload a resume and a list of three professional references with full contact information. For general questions about the position, contact Unique Hiram at (785) 587-2447 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The primary duty of the Parking Control Officer is to enforce the municipal code parking ordinance violations in the City of Manhattan.
• Read, understand and interpret the municipal code parking ordinances to identify parking violations.
• Patrol designated areas of the City on foot within specified time cycles.
• Observe motor vehicles and other vehicles to identify parking violations.
• Manually or electronically record the correct location of tires and/or vehicles to identify overtime parking violations.
• Accurately enter required information in the handheld electronic device, including the municipal code section violated, time, date and location of offense, vehicle license plate number and/or vehicle identification number.
• Appropriately issue and place citations upon the motor vehicle or vehicle in violation.
• Appear in court and testify in parking ticket hearings or trials in a professional and appropriate manner.
• Maintain a professional and courteous demeanor when answering question from the public, when interacting with hostile and irate individuals, and when responding to complaints from the public.
• Special projects as assigned by the Court Administrator to assist the Municipal Court in its operations.
Required Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
• Must be able to provide own transportation to and from work sites/patrol routes