Kansas State University Research Assistant - Quality/Testing (Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory) in Manhattan, Kansas
About this Role:
The Kansas State Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory (KSVDL) is seeking applicants for a Research Assistant. The personnel in this position will assist in quality assurance, including database and record management, training and audits. The personnel in this position will conduct testing in the rabies laboratory including the performance of rabies antibody analyses on human and animal sera including serum neutralization and ELISA assays, the interpretation and reporting of serological and diagnostic results and maintaining the quality of test results. The person in this position will also assist with program operations including monitoring quality control data, accuracy of test result entry, SOP preparation and necessary updates.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the* Principles of Community.*
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Focus on performing testing and organizing data/results in RFFIT, special projects or product testing for clients. Cross-train and assist in other duties to include: package opening, data entry of test submissions and quality control tracking, representing the lab at technical meetings and general housekeeping.
- Assist in quality items with additional quality personnel to include quality assessments for contracts, qualification of reagents/equipment, preparation of proficiency testing material, and quality control documentation needed for the Rabies Lab to stay in compliance with regulations, assist in SOP updates, participate in audits and Corrective Actions. Assist in database development and record management. Participate in KSVDL quality committee meetings and audits.
- Customer Service: Work with clients (i.e. proficiency testing program, special project and product testing) on QA needs and interpretation and organization of results to meet client needs.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in biology or related science
- Competent computer skills including Access database building and writing VBA code
- Some computer science courses
- Some laboratory experience in cell biology, clinical laboratory test procedures and quality review
- Previous experience in preparing for and participating in audits
- Excellent written and oral, interpersonal, organization and communication skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit cover letter, resume, transcripts, and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$17.42 - $29.61 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Department: 3670080080 Veterinary Diagnostic Lab
Job no: 509545
Work type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Research / Scientific / Grants, Veterinary Medicine
Pay Grade: 06B
Advertised: Aug 26, 2020 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled