Kansas State University Research Assistant in Manhattan, Kansas
About This Role:
The Agronomy Department at Kansas State University is looking for a Research Assistant to work on field and laboratory research projects investigating cover crop and fertilizer management effects on water quality, erosion, nutrient loss, and soil health. Research will take place at the Kansas Agricultural Watershed field laboratory (www.ksu.edu/kaw) and on producer farms and will be used to develop best management practices for soil conservation and nutrient management. This individual will work closely with faculty, research staff, graduate students, undergraduate students and producer cooperators.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- B.S. Degree in Agronomy, Soil Science or related field.
- Experience in field and laboratory research related to soil, water and plant sciences.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English, good organizational skills, ability to work effectively with a diverse team.
- A valid US Driver's license.
- M.S. degree in Agronomy, Soil Science, or related field;
- Experience in supervising employees; experience with operation of farm equipment, experience in collection and analysis of water samples, experience with crop production, experience with operation of automated environmental data collection systems.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
- Letter of interest
- Transcripts for all post-secondary education
- Contact information of three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately. For best consideration, apply by August 17, 2020.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$17.43 - $29.62 hourly, commensurate with experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Department: 3670010040 Agronomy
Job no: 509429
Work type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Agriculture, Research / Scientific / Grants, Agronomy
Pay Grade: 06B
Advertised: Jul 23, 2020 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled