DuPont Food Enzyme Application Development Associate – Dairy in New Century, Kansas
Food Enzyme Application Development Associate – Dairy (Job Number: 200567W-01)
That's the opportunity you'll find here. At DuPont Industrial Biosciences, we are changing the world and having fun doing it. From the foods we eat, to the energy we use, to the clothes we wear, and much more, we are utilizing the power and intelligence of nature to develop new products and processes that improve the quality of our lives.
DuPont offers an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more!
DuPont Industrial Biosciences is a leader in three strategic areas: BioActives, BioRefineries, and BioMaterials. We leverage our cutting-edge protein engineering expertise to develop sustainable solutions for the emerging bio-based economy. As one of the leading science companies in the world, DuPont Industrial Biosciences offers an informal, highly creative work setting, in which high team spirit, open communication, and environmental responsibility are considered company hallmarks.
The responsibilities of this position include:
• Design, plan, execute, and interpret experiments to evaluate and optimize enzyme performance at lab- and pilot-scales, including working with typical dairy processing equipment (e.g. HTST, UHT).
• Assist in the technical development of enzyme products throughout the commercialization process: formulation and stability, application performance evaluation, marketing material generation, commercial-scale trialing, and post-launch support.
• Develop or assist with development of new product and application literature, including Technical Memorandums, Technical Notes, Technical Papers, invention disclosures and patents.
• Support Sales and Innovation efforts through routine analysis of customer samples, lab- and pilot-scale simulations of customer processes, method development, and onsite and remote technical support.
• Responsibilities will be focused on all dairy applications including but not limited to milk, fresh fermented, cheese, and other dairy related applications.
The following are required:
• Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry, Chemical or Bioprocess Engineering, or a related field.
• Relevant academic lab experience and 2+ years of relevant food industry experience.
• Experience with enzymes, ideally at pilot-scale.
• Experience with analytical techniques, including HPLC, and laboratory techniques, including biochemical and enzyme assays.
• In-depth understanding of enzyme kinetics.
• Experience with dairy enzymes is preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, relationship builder. Experience in working in a highly complex matrix organization.
• Strong customer orientation.
• Desire to work in a multidisciplinary team and capability to work independently.
• Self-starter with good organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
• Willingness to travel up to 20%, including to customer commercial production sites.
Primary Location: NA-United States-Kansas-New Century
Organization: Industrial Biosciences
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.