CenturyLink INTERN - ANALYST I - SUMMER 2019 in New Century, Kansas
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) at http://www.centurylink.com is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink at http://www.centurylink.com/ for more information.
CenturyLink’s internship program is a 10 week, fast-paced and exciting opportunity to gain professional experience within your field of study. Interns within the Consumer Markets Special Acquisition department will be challenged to apply their knowledge gained in the classroom to real world problems. This is a unique opportunity to gain hands on experience working on real world Innovation Initiatives for a Fortune 500 company.
This position will allow students to utilize their talents and abilities to innovate on active projects at CenturyLink. Interns within the Consumer Markets Special Acquisition group will be responsible for reviewing and providing economic determination on special pricing opportunities, providing support for Consumer NewBuild process, drafting new contract requests, processing final contract drafts in e-signature software, and providing ad-hoc analysis.
• Understanding of telecommunications and or outside plant construction
• Fundamental understanding of basic marketing, finance, and project/offer management concepts.
• Strong listening, written and verbal communication skills
• Able to perform a wide spectrum of complex assignments requiring analysis, innovation and good judgement.
• Strong sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
• Highly motivated, organized, reliable and detail oriented
• Quick learner and not afraid to work with new technology
• Professional attitude
• Classification: Junior, Senior or Graduate status by start of internship
• Pursing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Marketing or Operations Mgt at a 4-year accredited College or University
• Understanding of financial modeling/measures
• Proficient in MS Office applications
• 3.0 or above cumulative GPA
• Reliable transportation to work locations
Ability to problem solve and root cause analysis, take ownership and personally drive projects and objectives to completion
Ability to go ‘beyond the numbers’ to get to key insights
Good understanding of Excel, Word (general microsoft suite)
Ideal candidate is detail oriented, excellent communicator, creative, and has the desire to work in a fast-paced high pressure environment in support of the sales cycle.
Education Areas - Business Administration, Finance, Marketing, Operations Mgt
Alternate Location: US-Kansas-New Century
Requisition # : 207263
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.