DuPont Regional Product Manager - Fibers and Food Protection in New Century, Kansas
Regional Product Manager - Fibers and Food Protection (Job Number: 193497W-01)
DuPont Nutrition & Health is a $3.5 billion business and is a global leader in the food industry addressing the world’s challenges in food by offering a wide range of sustainable, functional ingredients. to provide safer, healthier and more nutritious food. The range of food ingredients and solutions provided through the global network of food scientists and technologist in DuPont help provide enhanced bio-protection, an improved nutritional profile, and better taste and texture with greater cost efficiency and lower environmental impact, meeting the needs of manufacturers of food, beverages and dietary supplements.
Reporting to the Global RPM Leader, the successful candidate will become the business lead for the Food Protection and Fibers portfolio of functional ingredients in the North American Free Trade Agreement region, including its own Profit Objective (PO).
In this role, she/he will drive the development and execution of the annual business plan to implement the agreed strategic objectives for the assigned products in the region working in close collaboration with global business unit colleagues and regional product manager colleagues, as well as regional sales, industry, marketing, innovation and supply teams.
This role is based in the Kansas City area.
The RPM acts as the first point of contact for all aspects of the Fibers and Food Protection business in the region, driving execution against the agreed strategy and supporting the smooth running of the business. More specifically the RPM shall:
· Work across functions (sales, application, industry team, marketing and GPLM) to support the maintenance and growth of the business in the NAFTA region.
· For Fibers: Be the first point of contact for the Fibers business locally, including ownership of pricing, liaison with logistics and demand planning, providing detailed product, scientific, market, concept, and technical product support internally to the sales organization, innovation, and customers.
· For Food Protection: work in close collaboration with the Regional Product Manager for Food Protection.
· Ensure implementation/execution of the Fibers & Food protection strategy, annual business plan and key tactics, including communication to SAFI and other stakeholders, working closely with the industry teams, sales and application to deliver strategic initiatives to implement the agreed strategic activities, monitoring and driving progress against agreed actions.
· Manage the business outlook process for the region, ensuring it is well informed and aligned with key stakeholders, working within the framework of the DIBM process,
· Proactively and systematically report key market information to the business unit team, including customer and competitor landscape, notable trends, changes, and risks.
· Maintain comprehensive market data of BU sales in the region and opportunities, and as such decide what support is appropriate to defend key businesses and achieve new wins from major profit opportunities.
· Traint SAFI and if appropriate customers, to navigate the product/commercial offering within the industries in the region, within the guidelines of the global agreed strategic volume, and price/product mix.
· Develop the regional opportunity pipeline in collaboration with sales and innovation, and secure successful execution, including regularly reviewing the saleforce.com opportunity pipeline with relevant account managers, and ensuring alignment between sales, demand management, and supply chain teams.
· Define and maintain pricing strategy in line with expanded gross margin targets, and communicate accordingly. Approve/Decline deals in Vendavo within the region.
· Ensure all logistical limitations related to the Fibers and Food protection portfolio are clear and understood by sales management. (eg. Minimum order Quantity, quantity per pallet, lead times …), and provide support in overcoming supply issues such as product shortages as necessary.
· Actively support SAFI in delivering on the targets set for forecast accuracy by regularly monitoring APO forecast and as appropriate make suggestions for amendment
· Coordinate and agree on customer specific requirements for the region (CRA’s).
· Manage & coordinate complaint communication on product related issues.
• Business or food science related bachelor (minimum) or master degree,
• 3+ years’ experience within Food, Nutrition & Health related industry or similar industry.
• 3+ years’ experience from similar role or in sales, applications, marketing, strategy and business development type roles.
• Well-developed business acumen and communication skills.
• High degree of autonomy, self-drive and positive energy with the ability to collaborate effectively and exert influence in a complex matrix organisation.
• Strong interpersonal skills to work across functions and to manage 2 different businesses efficiently.
• Ability to adapt quickly and constructively to change coupled with effective time management and prioritisation skills.
• Working knowledge of financial, quality, and supply chain metrics.
• Highly developed written and verbal communication in English
• Effective time management & handling multiple tasks with proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Computer literacy – Mastery of Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and SharePoint, and N&H systems including SalesForce.com, Vendavo, MyBis, SAP.
• High degree of professionalism & customer focus
• Experience in global Food Ingredients industry
• MBA or other graduate degree
• Microbiology background desired
• Prior experience as a product manager.
• Other language skills that are relevant in the allocated market
• Technical experience with Business unit range of products
• Proficiency in SAP or similar enterprise resource planning software, Salesforce.com, and Tableau.
• Familiarity with consumer market data such as Euromonitor, Nielsen, and SPINS.
• Strong Communication Skills
• Aligning Performance for Success
• Business Acumen
• Stakeholder Management
• Information Monitoring
• Building Trust
• Planning, Organising and Executing
• Ability to travel
Primary Location: NA-United States-Kansas-New Century
Organization: Nutrition and Health
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Experienced
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.