Master Brand Cabinets Inc CI & Machine Specialist in Newton, Kansas
This position supports the door plant in conducting continuous improvement (CI) projects and tasks as assigned by the door plant manager. In addition this position supports milling sanding and machining equipment throughout all Newton plants including tooling process guidebook maintenance TPM’s and PM.
- Conduct CI projects and tasks as assigned by plant management or engineering.
- Design SQ MP DAP and Wainscot panels using Acad and inspect after build to print and to quality specifications.
- Assure compliance to guidebook audit elements specifically all sanders throughout all factories.
- Track equipment and process KPI (Key Process Indictors) using excel spreadsheet and publish weekly; SPC down time sanding belt ruptures etc.
- Spec out OEM equipment options for new processes or replacing worn out equipment. Help justify replacement gather quotes assist with installation qualify for production and create all needed safety and process documentation.
REQUIRED EDUCATION SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2 year associates degree desirable 2-5 years of experience in cabinet manufacturing business in a technical role. 4 year BA or BS degree a plus.
- Autocad experience or other software; ability to adapt to Autocad quickly.
- Extensive Knowledge of product features including species door styles finish options etc.
- Knowledge of product specifications and defects with the ability to make use as is rework or scrap decisions.
- Experience with cutting milling machining CNC drilling equipment.
- Experience with supporting or leading process or equipment improvement projects.
- Skilled in data analysis working with Excel power point and/or other data management software.
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team.
Category: Manufacturing/Production Group