Mirror Inc. Outpatient Counselor ***Location, KS***HIRE INCENTIVE*** in Newton, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/11833764
$4,000 HIRE INCENTIVE FOR A LIMITED TIME
Under the clinical supervision of the designated site Clinical Supervisor, the Counselors are responsible for the programs and services provided to the program participants served by Mirror. Counselors shall operate in accordance with the policies and procedures determined by the Board of Directors and as implemented by his/her supervisor(s) and all parties shall abide by all applicable federal, state, and local regulations. Counselors will need to specifically abide by the Kansas Department of Aging & Disability Services, Community Services & Programs Division standards (standards for licensure/certification of alcohol & other drug abuse treatment programs). The duties of this position include curricula development and implementation, psychoeducational presentations, individual counseling, group counseling, case management activities and all related paperwork demands.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain communication with referral sources.
2. Dialogue with local referral sources in order to keep them apprised of their client’s performance in treatment when requested.
3. Provide group/individual/family counseling for clients in both residential and outpatient treatment settings.
4. Provide individual counseling for clients and assist in the identification and resolution of problems, behaviors, or cognition which prevent or interfere with clients reaching of their treatment goals or positive outcomes.
5. Maintain treatment related paperwork such as treatment plans, evaluations, discharge summaries, CIF forms, program evaluation forms, within our electronic client record, etc...
6. Provide a minimum of 25 hours of direct service per week.
7. Complete all paperwork and record-keeping on a timely (daily) basis to support complete and accurate billing for services rendered.
8. Must attend and participate in all staff meetings.
9. Participate in the on-call rotation for clinical coverage required at residential facilities.
10. Assist immediate supervisors with coverage related issues when necessary. At times residential counselors may need to assist in coverage of outpatient services and vice versa. Additionally, the supervisor may request the counselors to help provide coverage of Technician shifts and other essential functions of the program.
11. Provide psychoeducational groups and learning experiences geared to meet the client's level of understanding. These should be focused on addiction related topics, stress management, nutrition, ADIS, (ways to change) criminal thinking, etc...
12. Assist in the collection of client fees (as necessary for the assigned program) as it directly impacts the relationship between the client and Mirror Inc.
13. Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by their immediate supervisors.