City of Newton Water Maintenance Worker II or Maintenance Worker III in Newton, Kansas

This job was posted by : For more information, please see: CITY OF NEWTON KANSAS invites applications for the position of:Maintenance Worker II or Maintenance Worker IIISALARY:$13.33 - $22.22 Hourly $27,726.40 - $46,217.60 Annually DEPARTMENT:Public WorksDIVISION:WaterworksOPENING DATE:11/02/18CLOSING DATE:Continuous A position in public works is more than a job - you'll become a member of our family. We are hard-working, honest, reliable professionals who work behind the scenes to make sure our community's infrastructure needs are met.When you join us, you will work on a variety of projects, develop your skills, and solve problems for the benefit of all Newton residents.The City of Newton is hiring a Maintenance Worker III or Maintenance Worker II depending on the level of experience and certifications obtained at the time of hire. Under the supervision of the Utility Supervisor, the Maintenance Worker III/Maintenance Worker II performs unskilled and semi-skilled work in repairing and maintenance of the water and wastewater facilities. The employee in this position repairs water and sewer lines, installs new sewer service, reads water meters and maintains meters and meter boxes. Duties follow prescribed policies and procedures. This employee is subject to on-call rotation.QUALIFICATIONS:Maintenance Worker III Position Requirements:Six months to one year of water or wastewater experience preferred.Minimum of a Class 1 certification in water or wastewater.Possession of a valid Commercial Driver's License with airbrake and tanker endorsement.Maintenance Worker II Position Requirements:Must be able to obtain at a minimum a Class 1 certification in water or wastewater within first year of employment.Possession of a valid Commercial Driver's License with airbrake and tanker endorsement within one year of employment.Education: Minimum of a high school diploma or GED.Residency: Must live within 20 miles of First and Main Streets or the ability to move within one year. APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: