CDM Smith Automation Engineer 4 (Industrial/Remote Options) in Olathe, Kansas
* We are open to having this opening be based at any of our CDM Smith offices located in the United States. We are also considering partial or fully- remote schedules for this position.*
• Under limited supervision, creates basic to highly complex instrumentation, controls and related systems designs using 3D and 4D drafting programs.
• Develops basic technical memoranda related to design issues for clients.
• Prepares preliminary design reports (PDRs) under supervision.
• Reviews basic to highly complex component level shop drawings.
• Provides responses to requests for information (RFIs) under supervision.
• Performs field acceptance testing (FATs) and field inspections.
• Under limited supervision, creates basic to highly complex human-machine interface (HMI) designs, programmable logic controllers (PLC), reports, etc.
• Prepares level of effort estimates (LOEs).
• Leads testing and startup team for basic to moderately complex instrumentation, controls and related systems independently with minimal supervision.
• Responsible for testing and startup documentation completion and quality assurance filing.
• Assists with the development of basic to moderately complex operations & Maintenance manuals for designed instrumentation, controls and related systems.
• Under minimal supervision, develops systems training for end users. Leads teams and provides direction and mentoring for junior staff.
• Reviews the work of junior staff as necessary.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Assists with proposal development and presentation.
Automation Engineer 4 (Industrial/Remote Options)
Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, or in Engineering Technology or related discipline. Certification as an Engineer in Training (EIT) or passing the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam in states where an EIT is not obtainable (within 18 months of hire or promotion or transfer). 5 years of related experience. Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands. Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Experience working with P&IDs, familiar with Autocad electrical, familiar with various control systems (i.e. Rockwell, ABB, Siemens…)
• Control hardware selection, control system architecture, panel layouts
• Proficient at programming one or more of the following Allen Bradley Studio 5000, Emerson Delta V, Honeywell Experion, FactoryTalk View, Ignition Wonderware.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
Expert knowledge of instrumentation, controls and related systems designs. Excellent communication skills. Strong knowledge of Microsoft office suite of programs. Expert knowledge of 3D and 4D CAD drafting.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.