Illinois Tool Works, Inc. Electrical Maintenance Technician in Olathe, Kansas
Electrical Maintenance Technician
805 E Old 56 Hwy, Olathe, KS 66061, USA
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
ITW Pro Brands is a manufacturer of lubricants, cleaning chemicals, and corrosion preventatives formulated to maximize equipment productivity and product quality for customers. We go to market through B2B with a focus on the automotive, aviation, fabricated metal, food processing and machinery manufacturing market segments. Offering a brand portfolio that is well recognized within these industrial channels, our premium products address customer pain points and our direct sales team provides expert, value-added consulting at the customer level. ITW Pro Brands has 3 manufacturing facilities (Olathe, KS, Tucker, GA and DeWitt, IA) and a formulation lab in Carol Stream, IL and employs 250+ individuals.
The maintenance technician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
This position will be a shared resource between multiple departments.
• Ensure manual and automatic equipment and structures are working properly and safely for sustaining uninterrupted production in designated department.
• Perform routine and non-routine maintenance on equipment, including preventive maintenance tasks.
• Understand AC and DC electrical systems.
• Capable of locating component faults in electrical systems.
• Troubleshoot electrical faults with limited availability of schematics.
• Diagnose and repair malfunctioning equipment as needed.
• Design modifications to equipment if necessary.
• Maintain clean, safe and orderly work area, including machine shop.
• Perform maintenance on facility as needed.
• Able to obtain and maintain mobile equipment driving certification.
• Assist with requirements to maintain facility security.
• Perform inspections of facility and equipment as needed or required.
• Create and / or maintain a preventive maintenance plan for designated department.
• Work with outside contractors as needed.
• Have knowledge and adhere to OSHA, EPA, DOT, FDA, Company regulations and other regulations as required.
• Train and educate personnel to perform light maintenance of equipment in designated department.
• Assist with the installation of equipment as needed.
• Communicate daily and throughout the day with all impacted parties regarding status of work being performed.
• Assist other Maintenance Technicians assigned to other departments as needed.
• Respond to spills as part of the Spill Response Team. When needed, assist with first aid responses as a member of the First Aid Team.
• Act in accordance with all company policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Advanced education and/or certifications preferred.
• Minimum 5 years solid electrical experience in industrial production facility.
ITW Pro Brands is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.