Orizon Aerostructures Manufacturing Engineer I in Olathe, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/11684180
Summary: The Manufacturing Engineer will lead the effort to increase productivity, reduce scrap and reduce cost. This includes the implementation of “Lean Manufacturing” techniques in a meaningful and practical way. This will include the development and training of standardized operating procedures for each assembly process.
* Development and documentation of daily production processes
* Creation of work instructions
* Identify and evaluate areas for process improvements
* Work with other plant personnel in developing cost reduction programs or process improvements to ensure efficient operation.
* Provide appropriate training
* Investigate operational problems affecting production and deal with them in a prompt, systematic and methodical manner.
* Prepares cost estimates including estimated production times, staffing requirements and other related costs
* Maintains safe and clean work environment; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures
* Perform other duties as assigned by supervision.
* Lean training and/or experience
* Strong mechanical aptitude
* Ability to identify problems and execute solutions
* Experience with Routers, B.O.M.s, Work Instruction, and Manufacturing Process Definition Creation
* 3-7 years of Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
* Proficient with MS Excel, MS Access, MS PowerPoint
* Experience with CATIA, and/or Siemens NX
* Project management experience
* Experience with PFMEA and Root Cause Analysis
* Must have excellent verbal, written and listening skills and have the ability to provide written and verbal instructions and present information clearly
* Must exhibit professionalism when communicating with superiors and subordinates.
* Must demonstrate the ability to read, analyze, and follow work instructions, procedure manuals and blueprints.
* Must be able to pass basic skills assessment for Microsoft Excel and also demonstrate basic skills with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
* Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
* Must have the ability to work independently and within a team environment. Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
Bachelors or better in Engineering.