Health Partnership Clinic Medical Assistant in Olathe, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12079869
The Medical Assistant assists the nursing team with patient care as directed by the Nurse Lead/Director of Nursing.
HPC employs a team-based approach to care delivery for all patients. Clinical staff work with their team to effectively use huddles at the start of each clinic day, utilize standing orders when applicable, use evidence-based approaches to patient-care such as teaching self-management to patients, emphasize seamless care coordination for all patients, strive to understand the vulnerable populations served, and adjust services to fit patient needs. Upon hire, all staff receives orientation regarding benefits of the HPC team-based approach to population health.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Provides care to patients as directed by the team leader/charge nurse to include patient reason for visit, vital signs, weight, height, blood pressure and so forth.
· Perform CLIA waived tests as needed.
· Schedule diagnostic tests as needed.
· Assist provider with exams.
· Contact labs for test results.
· Exam patient charts for following day to make sure Prescription Assistance Program (PAP) medications are in and lab results are with file for provider to review.
· Assist with front desk duties to include checking in and discharging patients, scheduling appointments and answering phones.
· Provide nursing care to an assigned patient population. Observes the condition of patient and reports significant changes to appropriate persons.
· Uses communication skills effectively to function as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
· Participates in patient teaching according to the patient’s plan of care.
· Document nursing care and patient status in accordance with the nursing process and standards of care.
· Assist in providing a safe environment and promotes quality patient care through adherence to established standards.
· Identify and participate in performance improvement activities.
· Demonstrates competent practice, and engages in opportunities for clinical growth.
· Uses standard precautions including personal protective equipment for anticipated contact with blood or other potentially infection materials.
+ Will be required to attend events on site or offsite to work the events, set up and clean up.
+ Adhere to HPC attendance policy
+ Performs other job duties as assigned.
· Possession of a valid CMA/CNA certification preferred.
· Ability to relate well with patients and other health care personnel.
· Social and cultural sensitivity appropriate to ethnically and economically diverse patient and employee base.
· Ability to work under pressure.
Typical Physical Demands:
+ Prolonged sitting or standing may be required.
+ Ability to lift up to 25 pounds; occasionally up to 60 pounds.
+ Those physical movements and the degree of mobility, manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination normally associated with normal medical office will be performed on a repetitive basis.
+ The ability to distinguish letters and symbols as well as the ability to utilize telephones, computer terminals and copiers is required.
+ Work under stressful conditions as well as irregular hours may be required.
+ Frequent exposure to communicable disease, body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations, radiation, and other c onditions common to a clinical environment may routinely be encountered.
COVID-19 considerations:To keep our staff as safe as possible we require masks to be worn at all times and PPE (masks, gloves, shields, N95, and hand sanitizer) is provided for all medical staff. Patient testing is required prior to entering clinic.