CTG PROPOSAL SPECIALIST in Olathe, Kansas
Feb 06, 2021Post Date
Apply for JobShare this JobSign Up for Job Alerts
Come join us and grow your career with CTG! Apply with CTG for this exciting opportunity!
CTG is looking for a Proposal Specialist to join our Marketing Team.
U.S.-based, remote opportunity
The CTG Proposal Specialist is responsible for proposal development (i.e., written and oral presentations), including ensuring the writing structure and words used in the proposal are grammatically appropriate and persuasive to the client and facilitate the successful development of all opportunity response materials through the coordination and support of all phases of the CTG proposal process. This position manages the opportunity response process for all assigned opportunities and writes, edits, and formats assigned materials in response to sales-driven proposals, client requests (RFI, RPQ, and RFP), and supporting orals PowerPoint presentations. The Proposal Specialist is considered highly skilled, proficient, and disciplined and conducts complex, important work under minimal supervision and with wide latitude for independent judgment.
This position reports to the Manager, Business Development Support, and works closely with most organization areas to complete assignments.
· Exercise full responsibility for the planning, organization, and management of the development of complex proposal responses, bid preparations, and presentations in pursuit of business
· Coordinate proposal response efforts with large response/pursuit teams to ensure the timely and compliant development, production, and delivery of all response documents/forms
· Lead and participate in the writing, editing, organization, formatting, and management of proposal submissions and presentations
· Responsible for ensuring that final opportunity response corresponds directly to the individual requirements of the client request
· Create a compelling and persuasive impression of CTG’s experience and capabilities in all submissions and applications by working with the pursuit team to develop overall win strategies, including solution differentiators, appropriate references, resume strategies, supporting graphics, etc.
· Work with Sales team lead to ensure responses are developed following CTG’s established standards, processes, and procedures
· Work with Delivery leadership and team members, IT Services and Solutions Architects, and subject matter experts to create new content, when necessary
· Provide final quality assurance of documents
· Manage final production and ensure timely and compliant client submission
· Administer and update internal SharePoint site(s) for content management
· Perform all other responsibilities as assigned
· Independently analyze all client qualifications or proposal (RFI, RFQ, RFP) requests and produce a summary of the requirements for pursuit team members
· Work with Sales team lead and broader pursuit team to develop an opportunity response plan (ORP) that defines:
o Response requirements and timelines
o Appropriate assignment of content, and associated timelines, to pursuit team members
· Serve as lead Marketing interface with pursuit team members and external partners who might also have responsibility for providing input and content for the submission
· Serve as lead editor and writer of each assigned proposal, including, but not always limited to:
o Manage and support the work of pursuit team members in collaboration with Sales team lead
o Review and editing of materials for compliance, message, completeness, grammar, and formatting
o Conduct research, gather and integrate information from multiple sources
o Establish and coordinate the final review and approval process with Sales team lead to ensure adequate time for production and client delivery
· Ensure master content assets are updated in a timely manner
· Develop and maintain business and technical knowledge relevant to the business unit and industries CTG serves
· Provide editing and writing support for other Marketing related materials (i.e., case studies, white papers, collateral materials, conference presentations, etc.), as needed
· Perform other duties, as required, to fulfill responsibilities
· Bachelor’s degree or commensurate work experience
Bachelor’s degree; Business, Communications, or English degree, preferred
Minimum ten years’ B2B (business to business) professional IT services and solutions experience in marketing, pre-sales, or sales-support/enablement position
· Experience responding to formal RFI, RFQ, and RFP type requests and working knowledge of complying with all applicable process, response, legal, and compliance requirements
· Recent experience in developing proposal and technical content related to solutions delivered in support of digital transformation strongly preferred
· Strong project management and ability to independently define, schedule, and manage the proposal preparation process, including the ability to understand RFP requirements
· Outstanding communication skills (written and oral) and expert working knowledge of the entire Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, and OneNote, plus SharePoint required
· Candidates must currently reside in USA
· Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without restrictions
· CTG is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer
· CTG is an E-Verify Company
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) has developed a reputation for responsiveness and reliability - traits that our clients say set us apart - since our founding in 1966. As one team, we create and deliver information and technology solutions that make our clients more successful and cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people. Our vision is to be an indispensable partner to our clients and the preferred career destination for information and technology experts. CTG has operations in North America, South America, Western Europe, and India and regularly posts news and other important information online at www.ctg.com.
Our culture is a direct result of the people who work at CTG, the values we hold, and the actions we take. In other words, our people are the culture. It's a living, breathing thing that is renewed every day through the ways we engage with each other, our clients, and our communities. Part of our mission is to cultivate a workplace that attracts and develops the best people, reflected by our recognition as a Great Place to Work-certified company across many of our global operations.
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CTG will assure equal opportunity and consideration to all applicants and employees in recruitment, selection, placement, training, benefits, compensation, promotion, transfer, and release of individuals without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, age, disability, marital or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other discriminatory factors as required by law. Our Affirmative Action program serves to promote occupational equality and diversity through good faith efforts. CTG is fully committed to promoting employment opportunities for members of protected classes.
Job Function: Project Management & Administration
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Work Remote: Yes