IQVIA 17020-Project Financl Analyst 2 in Overland Park, Kansas
Provide project financial support and direction on assigned multi country, multi service projects, ensuring project financials are properly monitored and managed in pursuit of maximizing project profitability and cash flow.
• Conduct monthly review and analysis of assigned projects, including review of revenue recognition, project performance variances, and unbilled/unearned positions. Monitor monthly compliance reports, to ensure timely reporting of revenue and billing deliverables by Project Manager.
• Prepare monthly reporting requirements for assigned projects, including unsigned contract opportunities, backlog, and other ad-hoc financial analysis as required.
• Review and approve work movements and changes, and final remaining revenue adjustment for assigned projects.
• Ensure project journal, write-offs, and financial adjustments are properly documented, reviewed and approved.
• Monitor Unbilled, Write-off activity, Over the Limit and Contract Activation exception reports and resolve/escalate unusual activity.
• Coordinate loading of global project budgets to financial management system, including collection of non IQVIA International Pricing (QIP) supported budgets. Review / reconcile loaded project budgets to ensure accuracy against contracted values.
• Coordinate loading of payment schedule. Review / reconcile loaded project payment schedule to ensure accuracy against contracted values and compliance to negotiated contract terms.
• Coordinate configuration of Project and Contract modules, including assignment of Rate Sets / Plans to Activities, configuration of Contract Lines and establishment of Billing / Revenue Limits.
• Monitor and action monthly compliance reports, to ensure timely reporting of revenue and billing deliverables by Project Manager.
• Review / monitor rate exception reports and coordinate resolution of rate issues in a timely manner with the Global Project Services Group.
• Ensure review and completion of Project Check-off list throughout the project lifecycle (Activation, Configuration and Close-out).
• Complete project close-out procedures and communicate Project Status Action to the Global Project Services Support Group.
• Perform project level unbilled/unearned reconciliations as required.
• Complete Monthly and Quarterly Sarbanes Oxley reporting requirements.
• Train and mentor more junior support staff.
• Will be assigned responsibility for projects, customers, and/or programs.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree Required
• 3 years’ accounting or project finance experience Required Or
• Equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Knowledge of revenue recognition, variance analysis, unbilled/unearned and cash flow management, and backlog forecasting.
• Knowledge of Peoplesoft Project.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Technical accounting skills.
• Good analytical and numeracy skills.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
IQVIA is a world leader in using data, technology, advanced analytics, and expertise to help customers drive healthcare – and human health – forward. Together with the companies we serve, we are enabling a more modern, more effective and more efficient healthcare system, and creating breakthrough solutions that transform business and patient outcomes.
To get there, it takes diverse skills and a curiosity to explore new possibilities. No matter your role, everyone at IQVIA, including our colleagues at Q² Solutions, contributes to our shared goal of improving human health. Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled