T-Mobile AI/ML Principal Architect, Technical in Overland Park, Kansas
The Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) Technical Architect is responsible for application design and implementation. While this position includes hands-on development work, it also focuses a majority of the time on technical leadership, which includes code reviews, coaching engineers, documenting and evolving coding standards and best practices, performing data modeling, participating in advanced troubleshooting of production and pre-production systems, and authoring frameworks and utilities to improve the efficiency of the engineering staff,
and performing technology assessments.
What you’ll do in your role.
▪ Partners with Digital Architects to evangelize Architecture principals and best practices across the organization.
▪ Serves as a Lead or contributing Architect on multiple strategic projects representing and driving architectural design decisions for T-Mobile AI/ML and support systems.
▪ Advises management and leaders of technical capabilities and emerging opportunities in AI/ML.
Innovation and Leadership
▪ Maintains accountability for solution designs all the way to deployment.
▪ Performs technology assessments, and leads in vetting potential solution partners and products.
Technology and System
▪ Owns overall architecture for multiple capabilities across multiple systems.
▪ Collaborates across the Enterprise on frameworks, standards and libraries.
▪ Supports product lifecycle from business discussions through test/deploy as it relates to requirement refinement and data designs business needs.
▪ Creates scalable, extensible designs (for high complexity initiatives) that are easy to implement and perform and follows architecture standards for IT system design and enable success for IT teams.
▪ Proactively identifies, addresses and escalates (if needed) when solutions are overly complex or will compromise implementation.
▪ Develops proof-of-concept (POC) and prototypes to help illustrate approaches to technology and business problems.
▪ Familiar with design principles unique to machine learning systems as well as traditional enterprise software.▪ Familiar with technical security practices for code, data, and connectivity.
▪ Familiar with designing and working with highly-interconnected software systems.
▪ Familiar with designing data pipelines and data-intensive systems.
▪ Familiar with high-level data analysis techniques and has experience supporting a data science group.
▪ Familiar with hybrid cloud/on-premises designs.
▪ Familiar with conversational systems (e.g. Watson, DialogFlow, Rasa, etc), and understands key statistics for improving NLP.
▪ Works closely with the business during ideation and vision stages of new projects – helping define solution options to drive business case development prior to project funding and start-up.
▪ Provides support to Senior Architects on assessments and work-effort estimates for the business and routinely as part of the project intake process for our architecture team.
▪ Comfortably works with different software development processes.
Relationship and People Management
▪ Communicates solution designs clearly in multiple modes of communication –(e.g. diagrams, documents, verbally) and a variety of audiences (e.g. non-technical partners, project managers, developers, architects, and industry experts).
▪ Works with Business and IT partner teams to understand and document system requirements for data, SLAs/service levels, user experience, archiving/legal requirements, training, data governance, and performance.
▪ Conducts peer reviews to solicit feedback on materials created.
Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
The experience you’ll bring.
Bachelors Degree- In lieu of degree, equivalent industry experience may be considered.
7-10 years – Progressive experience in software engineering/enterprise architecture/technology leadership across multiple products, systems and/or platforms coupled with strong business acumen and executive presence.
7-10 years – Experience working in solutions design and enterprise architecture delivering IT solutions.
7-10 years – Experience in Enterprise applications, PLM, middle-tier services, database, storage, distributed computing, virtualization and/or application technology
At least 18 years of age
Legally authorized to work in the United States
High School Diploma or GED
T-Mobile requires all employees in this position to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. T-Mobile will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause T-Mobile undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
Req ID: 176257BR
Travel Required: No