Marriott Assistant Manager - Room Operations in Overland Park, Kansas
Job Number 22076016
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center, 6100 College Boulevard, Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
When you join the Sheraton family, you become a member of its global community. We’ve been a place to gather and connect since 1937. At Sheraton, associates create a sense of belonging in more than 400 communities around the world. We welcome guests through engaging experiences and thoughtful service. If you’re a team player who is excited to deliver a meaningful guest experiences, we encourage you to explore your next career opportunity with Sheraton.
Entry level management position that focuses on supporting the day-to-day activities of Rooms Operations of areas that include Housekeeping, Recreation. Laundry, Staff, AYS and Concierge/Guest Services. Position assists in working with employees to carry out guest arrival and departure procedures and to maintain the property’s cleanliness standards. Strives to ensure guest and employee satisfaction and achieve the operating budget.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 1 year experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Supporting the Management of Rooms Operations Activities
• Opens and closes Front Desk shifts / Housekeeping and ensuring completion of assigned shift checklist and other duties.
• Runs and reviews critical information contained in room operations reports.
• Understands the functions of the Recreation. Laundry, Housekeeping, Bell Staff, AYS, Front Desk and Concierge/Guest Services operations.
• Operates all department equipment as necessary and reporting malfunctions.
• Ensures employees have the proper supplies and uniforms.
• Understands night audit procedures and being able to comprehend and utilize reports as necessary.
• Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Communicates performance expectations employees in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Handles employee questions and concerns.
• Effectively schedules employees to business demands and tracks employee time and attendance.
Contributing Information to Support Managing to Budget
• Supervises same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and property occupancy.
• Verifies accuracy of room rates to maximize revenue opportunities
• Uses budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the management of the Room Operations.
• Participates in the management of departmental controllable expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
• Understands the impact of Room Operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives.
Providing for and Managing the Guest Experience
• Assists in the investigation of employee and guest accidents.
• Assists in the use of a guest information tracking system to ensure that a successful repeat guest recognition program is in use to recognize guest preferences and
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responding to and handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from supervisor as necessary.
• Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.