Honeywell BI Developer in Overland Park, Kansas
The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our team of problem solvers, innovators, dreamers, and doers who make the things that make the future. Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to career opportunities across different fields and industries. Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell’s Federal Manufacturing & Technologies business manages the U. S. Department of Energy’s Kansas City National Security Campus in Missouri and New Mexico, manufacturing sophisticated mechanical, electronic and engineered-material components for our nation's defense system. Honeywell is on the leading edge of supplying engineering and manufacturing expertise for our nation's defense and national security. Visit kcnsc.doe.gov for more information about working for Honeywell at the Kansas City National Security Campus.
This position is located in Kansas City, MO
As our BI Developer, you will join our ETL, Big Data, DBA, and Business Intelligence Developers within the IT division at the Kansas City National Security Campus. You’ll be responsible for working with internal business customers to identify business requirements, develop, and administer reports and dashboards on our MicroStrategy Enterprise Analytics platform
This position will focus on our growing MicroStrategy needs with opportunities to work on other areas (ETL, data virtualization, Big Data, database administration) of the Data Strategy and Management team Design, translate business requirements, develop, document, test, monitor, troubleshoot and administrate our data environment using our Data Virtualization (Denodo) / BI Reporting (Microstrategy) tool sets
• Participate in maintenance and upgrades for our platforms and tool sets
• Contribute to the support and resolution of incidents which may include a weekly on-call rotation and after business hours support
• Maintain knowledge of new technologies and methods for area of expertise
• Communicate and accurately document all architectural decisions, plans, goals, functional requirements, and open items and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, and business areas
• Build and maintain strong peer relationships within the team and across the organization
• Participates in short- and long-term planning sessions with customers to improve business processes and reporting
• Manages customer's priorities of projects, service requests, and incidents with the help of the team
• Participate in data governance initiatives, maintain metadata (data definitions, relationships, sources, and consumers), and contribute to the company’s Data strategies and roadmaps
You Must Have
• U.S. Citizen in order to obtain and maintain US Dept. of Energy “Q” level security clearance
• Bachelor's degree in the field of Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering, or Physical Science; Or a minimum 2 years of SQL and database work experience in lieu of a Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 6 months of work related SQL experience (ability to develop, modify, troubleshoot and optimize complex queries)
• Experience developing in Microstrategy, Tableau, Informatica, Power BI or other major BI platform preferred
• Experience working in Oracle, SQL Server, or Teradata databases (e.g. table creation, insert, update, deletes, indexing, optimization)
• Experience or knowledge of a major programming language (e.g. Java, Python, C#)
• Experience or knowledge of a scripting language (e.g. Linux shell, Windows batch, Perl, VBS)
• Experience working in a Red Hat Enterprise Linux and/or Windows environment
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.