Midwest Health Business Office Manager in Overland Park, Kansas
The health and wellbeing of our staff members and residents is our number one priority. Our community is strictly following the CDC guidelines to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and has restricted community access in accordance with state and local health agency direction. Our infectious disease protocols include but are not limited to:
- Screening staff members at the beginning and part way through each shift.
- All staff members are wearing face masks at all times while inside the community.
- Staff members have access to PPE including gloves, face masks, face shields, and gowns, if ever needed.
- Our community is utilizing telemedicine as much as possible. This ensures our residents are getting the care they need with as little risk of exposure as possible.
- As always, we are committed to transparency and will make all staff, residents, and families aware of any COVID-19 positive cases at our communities.
The Business Office Manager’s primary duty is to assist the Executive Director in the day-to-day accounting functions of the Community in accordance with current acceptable accounting, cost reimbursement principles, payroll and other administrative tasks related to the long-term care operation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with the Community’s personnel, safety, and corporate policies and procedures.
- Report witnessed or reported allegations of resident abuse/neglect immediately to the Executive Director, RCC or Unit Manager
- Treat residents, family members, visitors, and team members with respect and dignity.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident and family information.
- Report to work on time and as scheduled.
- Perform eligibility verification as needed.
- Attend daily Admission meetings, weekly Department Head meetings and participate in special Community events.
- Complete admission financial paperwork.
- Perform Daily upkeep of the AR system including but not limited to census, cash, ancillaries, adjustments, and dashboard review.
- Process Accounts Payable on a daily basis and ensure delivery to Corporate Office as required.
- Process payroll and keep an accurate account of all employee ETO hours.
- Create and maintain all employee files.
- Process Workers Compensation paperwork, scan to HR, assist with scheduling appointments when needed, track FMLA absences, etc.
- Maintain administrative files including but not limited to, resident billing files, OSHA log 200, Worker’s Compensation, Medicare and Medicaid files.
- Maintain Resident Fund Account, including balancing fund on a monthly basis, allocating interest and mailing quarterly statement.
- Perform the monthly closing process as instructed.
Assist in Dining Room and other activities when needed. Job Requirements:
Must have basic computer skills.
- If required to operate a motor vehicle for business purposes, must successfully complete the requirements contained in Company’s Motor Vehicles policy.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Must be able to perform the essential position functions of the job with, or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to meet the general health requirements set forth by State regulations and Company policy which may include medical and physical examinations.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, perform overhead lifting, and perform other common physical movements as needed for your position.
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile people within the Community.
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.