HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Cardiac Services Sonographer PRN in Overland Park, Kansas
Do you have the career opportunities as a Cardiac Sonographer you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to joinOverland Park Regional Medical Centera facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the supportthey need. At OPRMC weoffer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our uniquebenefitswe offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Great healthcare starts with compassion.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the OPRMC family! We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Cardiac Sonographer to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Cardiac sonographers perform echocardiograms, or ultrasound imaging, to evaluate different aspects of the heart, such as chamber size, valve function and blood flow. While cardiac sonographers do not themselves diagnose patients, they work with physicians in doing so or may assist in other diagnostic procedures.
About this unit:
- Small group/unit
- Supports adult and pediatric/NICU patients
- On call commitments
Under direct supervision of the Cardiology Nurse Manager or preceptor, the Cardiac Sonographer is responsible for accurately performing echocardiograms on all patients (including infants, adolescents and adults).
- Responsibilities also include analyzing the information and providing calculations to assist the physician in providing appropriate care and treatment.
- Assists with stress testing, trans-esophageal echocardiograms, patent foramen ovale closures, and any other activities assigned by the Cardiology Nurse Manager to assure the department runs effectively and efficiently including the maintenance of patient records.
- The Cardiac Sonographer will carry out any other activities assigned by the Cardiology Nurse Manager including Outreach assignments.
Responds within 30 minutes when on stand-by.
High School graduate or equivalent.
- BCLS certification within (6) months of employment.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
Overland Park Regional Medical Center is one of the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. The hospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medical care services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas since December of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100 physicians.
Our services include Emergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Women’s Center with Level IIIB NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanced diagnostic imaging, a Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services. We offer the latest in technological advances and we are committed to providing every patient with the highest level of care in an environment where people, compassion, community and integrity are valued.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Title: Cardiac Services Sonographer PRN
Location: Kansas-Overland Park-Overland Park Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09722-69927