HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Cardiovascular Prep & Recovery RN PRN in Overland Park, Kansas
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Cardiovascular Prep& Recovery RN today with Overland Park Regional Medical Center.
At OPRMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse like you to be a part of our team.
The Life of an HCA Nurse Cardiovascular Prep & Recovery nurses are experts at providing compassionate care and preparing patients undergoing various cardiac procedures such as catheterization and angioplasty. They have high-level critical thinking skills, vast clinical knowledge, and are able to stay calm under pressure.
About this unit:
* Procedures done in the cath lab/hybrid range from but not limited to diagnostic heart caths, interventional heart caths, TAVR, TMVR, watchman and cardiomems.
* The lab also works with vascular surgeons and performs many peripheral procedures.
* Specialized area with high acuity and close collaboration with cardiologists.
* Desirable work schedule - Hours: 6:30am - 5pm;No weekends, holidays or call.
* Under the general direction of the Cardiology Supervisor, coordinates and provides patient care and assumes individual responsibility and accountability for the provision of nursing care as related to the Cardiology Department.
* Administers medications, supervises cardiac stress tests and other non-invasive cardiac testing according to defined protocols, monitors patient vital signs and other appropriate hemodynamics, and performs continual patient assessment during patient’s stay in the Cardiology Department.
* Documents accurate nursing records and patient data.
* Coordinates patient teaching and post procedure assessment.
* Performs emergency cardiopulmonary resuscitation if necessary.
* The RN participates in departmental, hospital performance improvement, and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Current state nursing license required; BLS certification required upon hire. ACLS certification required within 6 months of employment. PALS certification required within 1 year of employment. Excellent interpersonal and team skills required. Basic computer knowledge preferred.
- Minimum of one-year nursing experience in a cardiology related field required.
Overland Park Regional Medical Center is one of the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. The hospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medical care services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas since December of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100 physicians.
Our services include Emergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Women’s Center with Level IIIB NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanced diagnostic imaging, a Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services. We offer the latest in technological advances and we are committed to providing every patient with the highest level of care in an environment where people, compassion, community and integrity are valued.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.__
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Cardiovascular Prep & Recovery RN PRN
Location: Kansas-Overland Park-Overland Park Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09722-67900