IQVIA Clinical Research Technician in Overland Park, Kansas
Job Description SummaryIncumbents in this job classification may work in the clinic, screening, recruitment, laboratories or any other department into which they have cross trained, and may be expected to perform duties not specified below. They may also specialize in particular aspects of this job such as training, staffing or study coordination, and may not be required to carry out all responsibilities indicated below.
• Collaborate with the Study Director/Coordinator to prepare for and execute assigned studies. Assist in ensuring that study objectives are met on time, within budget and according to applicable regulations and quality standards.
• Captain/lead studies, including: Review of study protocols, case report forms (CRF), other study documents, and electronic data capture systems; Feedback on clinical strategy and concerns; Clinical set-up and preparation of the study including labeling specimen collection tubes and containers, setting up equipment and documents; Plan logistical activity for procedures as per protocol; Generate materials, documents, and records; Attend or delegating all relevant study meetings including those with clients; Troubleshoot issues on study; Participate in huddles to ensure daily tasks are assigned to team members and are executed to the expected standards; Assist with data quality checking and query resolution.
• Orient volunteers to the study and the unit including the purpose of the study, procedures, and protocol issues such as timelines for visits and restrictions on food and drink
• Collect, record and maintain volunteer study data according to study-specific protocol and SOPs ensuring quality control for content, accuracy and completeness.
• Perform a variety of complex clinical procedures including but not limited to ECG, sample collection, spirometry, vital signs, dose verification, cannulation and cardiac telemetry monitoring. Record, report and interpret findings appropriately to develop study-specific database.
• Centrifuge, aliquot, store and log samples appropriately.
• Perform routine analysis of volunteer specimens according to SOPs. Evaluate specimen acceptability upon receipt and during the review of analysis results. Perform secondary review of volunteers’ results when required to ensure accuracy of primary result entry.
• Monitor volunteer safety and report adverse reactions to appropriate medical personnel. Attend to volunteer needs and requirements
• Maintain and restock medical supplies as needed. Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of the unit.
• Provide training to new staff members on study-specific topics and new clinical skills Assist in ensuring compliance with staff training requirements by auditing and maintaining training records. Contribute to development of employees' training plans by advising Team Leads of continuing education requirements and opportunities.
• Recruit and screen volunteers for trials and maintain volunteer database.
• Participate in quality and process improvement efforts to support the culture towards a high-performing and efficient team.
• Assist with planning related to staffing and scheduling. Assist in ensuring that work shifts are staffed as required by sourcing internal staff, updating the scheduling system, and notifying staff of assignments.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com .
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.
IQVIA is a world leader in using data, technology, advanced analytics, and expertise to help customers drive healthcare – and human health – forward. Together with the companies we serve, we are enabling a more modern, more effective and more efficient healthcare system, and creating breakthrough solutions that transform business and patient outcomes.
To get there, it takes diverse skills and a curiosity to explore new possibilities. No matter your role, everyone at IQVIA, including our colleagues at Q² Solutions, contributes to our shared goal of improving human health. Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us.