Hilton Director of Human Resources - DoubleTree Overland Park in Overland Park, Kansas
A Director of Human Resources is responsible for directing and administering the Human Resources function in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
What will I be doing?
As a Director of Human Resources, you would be responsible for directing and administering the Human Resources function in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Oversee and administer all Human Resources functions to include, but not limited to, recruiting, training and development, wage/benefit administration, compliance with statutory requirements, team member relations, labor relations and contract compliance, performance evaluations, workers compensation and safety, affirmative action compliance, employment processes and general leadership guidance and support
- Provide assistance, guidance and counseling to the General Manager, leadership staff and line team members
- Develop, implement and administer policies and programs related to the management of all hotel personnel to ensure the maintenance of a positive, productive, fair and consistent employment environment
- Manage all team member and labor relations; if hotel has a collective bargaining agreement, this will include negotiating contracts and settlements, handling grievances, mediations and arbitrations
- Participate in and lead meetings
- Recruit, interview and train team members
What are we looking for?
- Minimum Education:BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum Years of Experience:four (4) yearsas an HR Manager or Assistant HR Director within a Hilton full-service location HRD or four years’ combined experience in these roles within the hospitality industry
- Management Experience (type):Management of Entire Department
- Additional Requirements (i.e. % of travel time, etc.): 10% travel
Core Competencies including but not limited to:
Strategic Positioner: Able to position a business to win its market.
- Credible Activist: Able to build relationships of trust by having a proactive point of view.
- Paradox Navigator: Able to manage tensions inherent in business (including long-term and short-term tensions and top-down and bottom-up tensions.)
- Culture and Change Champion: Able to make change happen and manage organizational culture.
- Human Capital Curator: Able to manage the flow of talent by developing people and leaders, driving individual performance and building technical talent.
- Total Rewards Steward: Able to manage employee well-being through financial and non-financial rewards.
- Technology and Media Integrator: Able to use technology and social media to drive and create high-performing organizations.
- Analytics Designer and Interpreter: Able to use analytics to improve decision-making.
- Compliance Manager: Able to manage processes related to compliance by following regulatory guidelines.
- SHRM-SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification
- Master’s Degree
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands (http://jobs.hiltonworldwide.com/our-brands/index.php) . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Human Resources
Title: Director of Human Resources - DoubleTree Overland Park
Requisition ID: HOT07KE4