Black & Veatch O&M Services Coordinator in Overland Park, Kansas
O&M Services Coordinator
Date: Nov 25, 2023
Overland Park, KS, US
Company: Black & Veatch Family of Companies
At Black & Veatch, our employee-owners go beyond the project. For over a century, we have been breaking down social, economic and geographic barriers by making life's critical resources accessible to all. Working with us, you will help provide critical expertise as we, along with our valued clients, deliver solutions that positively impact communities around the world. Our professionals are our greatest asset, and we believe nothing is more important than the health, happiness and professional growth of our employee-owners. With a focus on flexible work-life balance options, an expanding and diverse workforce, and limitless career growth opportunities, we will give you our best to help yougive us your best, and together we can build a world of difference.
Req Id : 100841
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Contract Hire Only for this Project : No
Why Black and Veatch
Recognized by Glassdoor as a 2023 Top 100 place to work, Black & Veatch allows you to lend your talent and perspective to humanity’s biggest challenges in a flexible environment where you are empowered to grow and explore new possibilities. We offer competitive compensation; 401K match and benefits that start day 1. Our hybrid environment allows you to balance your work and personal life.
At Black & Veatch, you own your career with purpose and meaning. You are empowered to grow and explore new possibilities at every step of your career journey. Bring your big ideas knowing you are safe to be who you are and speak up with concerns or questions and put your diverse talents and perspectives to use.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
Provide technical management support to managers and the business team to facilitate, expedite, and drive to closure all assigned sites.
Administers site contract requirements related to document collection, document review for quality and accuracy, timing of activities and bridges communication between field personnel, subcontractors, program personnel and project support assistants.
Support managers in different regions quickly adapting to differing regions requirements.
Provide high level interaction across various functional groups and understand the process for building sites.
As part of BV Operations, your skills will be aligned to projects that support our 3 market sectors- Governments & Environment, Energy & Process Industries, and Connectivity & Commercial. In roles like Engineers, Technicians, and Skilled Specialists you will be engaged with exciting projects across the globe. From small community improvements to grand-scale Mega Projects, you will be Building a World of Difference through infrastructure growth and development while learning and focusing on your own individual development. The foundation of BV Operations provides the ability to move where your skills are needed and allows for a collaborative and innovative culture offering greater challenges and career development opportunities.
• Site Services Work Orders – Assemble work orders for preventative and corrective maintenance site visits.
• Site Services Coordination – Facilitate and/or coordinate site service visits with asset owners, operators, and/or third-party representatives.
• Work Order Tracking – Issue, manage, and close work orders in work order management system.
• Site Services Billing – Coordinate with accounting teams to review/approve subcontractor payments and billing/collections with facility owners/representatives.
• Site Services Resource Management – Coordinate site services maintenance response with resident, direct hire, and subcontract field services professionals.
• Subcontractor Management – Work with B&V Subcontracts Group to manage national, regional, and local sites services subcontractors.
• Diploma or Certificate preferred
• Associate Degree or trades/vocational experience
• 3 – 5 years of related work experience
• Previous trades experience related to Operations & Maintenance, Battery Storage, Solar Energy, or EV charging field services
• Basic knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and Black and Veatch policies and procedures
• Basic industry knowledge and technology trends
• Basic knowledge of company quality program . Intermediate ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned
• Basic knowledge of other disciplines
• Basic knowledge of construction and constructability practices and principles
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
Typical home/office environment – Sitting/Standing/Computer Usage for extended periods of time.
Ability to utilize video/audio-conferencing software for internal/external communication purposes.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy. We offer professionals an array of health and welfare benefits that vary based on their geographic region and employment status. This may include health, life accident and disability insurances, paid time off, financial programs and more. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Nearest Major Market: Olathe
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment: Engineer, Engineering