HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Financial Counselor in Overland Park, Kansas
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with HCA Healthcare today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We are committed to providing our colleagues with the support they need. We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
• Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
• Student loan repayment
• 100% matching 401k based on years of service
• Identity Theft Protection discounts
• Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
• Adoption Assistance
• Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. Come be a part of the change!
As a Patient Financial Counselor, you will work directly in the facility providing unparalleled customer service to our patients. Our Patient Access Team is dedicated to exceptional customer service and toensuring quality care can be delivered to our patients.
In this role you will:
- Demonstrate excellent customer service
- In conjunction with the Medicaid Eligibility Staff visit all uninsured patients in-house
- Provide estimates to patients and/or physicians as requested
- Generate insurance verification and precertification reports daily and follow up with case management and insurance verification departments as appropriate
- Follows all guidelines set forth in the Cash Handling policy
- Utilizes eligibility systems, on-line websites or phone calls to determine insurance benefits and precertification requirements
- Assist patients with payment arrangements and in co-ordination with the Medicaid Eligibility Staff assists patient with financial applications
- Contact patient employer, if necessary, for verification of employment, premium status, babies being added to policies
- Escalate any concerns as needed to Patient Access Manager/Supervisor
- Enter pertinent insurance information into the HIS system (i.e. Meditech)
- Complete financial analysis and collect estimated patient liabilities
Follow up with patients for necessary signatures if they were incomplete at time of hospitalization
High School Diploma or GED preferred
- One year of related experience required
Parallon is an industry leader in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare has been consistently named a *World’s Most Ethical Company *by Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the best experience even after they leave our facilities.
HCA Healthcare is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: Patient Financial Counselor
Location: Kansas-Overland Park-Overland Park Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 08648-210913