HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Safety Attendant (PSA) in Overland Park, Kansas
Are you passionate about delivering superior, patient-centered care? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a Patient Safety Attendant today withOverland Park Regional Medical Center.
At OPRMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Patient Safety Attendant like you to be a part of our team.
How we build better communities.
The Patient Safety Attendant (PSA) participates in high-quality, patient-centered care by providing continuous observation and monitoring for high risk patients. In collaboration with the patient care team, the PSA ensures the patient environment is free of obstacles and minimizes risk of falls and accidental or intentional self-harm. The Sitter may also assist with basic activities of daily living.
About this unit:
- 12 hour work schedule (7-7)
- Shift differentials for NIGHTs and WEEKENDs
- Typically 1:1 ratio
- Collaborative environment
- Maintains a direct line of sight with patient at all times, including while family and/or visitors are in the room. Accompanies patient and ensures patient safety during transportation, testing, and procedures occurring away from the patient’s normal environment.
- Establishes a safe, risk-free patient environment by utilizing knowledge of fall prevention protocols, infection control measures, and self-harm prevention. Performs room assessment regularly and after any visitations.
- Monitors patient physical and emotional condition. Reports any changes in status promptly while remaining direct line of sight with the patient
- Intervenes as needed to prevent patient from harming self or others. Seeks immediate assistance for escalating incidents.
- Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
- Demonstrates caring and empathy in all interactions and advocates for patient- and family-centered approach in all decisions and actions.
- Participates as an active member of the health care team and positively promotes the rest of the team to patients/families/caregivers and other colleagues.
- Serves as a resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities, and seeks opportunities to improve department and inter-department processes.
Restocks non-medicinal patient room supplies as needed.
High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 years of experience in healthcare setting - Preferred
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Life Saving (BLS) – Preferred
- De-Escalation training completed within 90 days of hire
Overland Park Regional Medical Center is one of the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. The hospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medical care services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas since December of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100 physicians.
Our services include Emergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Women’s Center with Level IIIB NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanced diagnostic imaging, a Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services. We offer the latest in technological advances and we are committed to providing every patient with the highest level of care in an environment where people, compassion, community and integrity are valued.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a/World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Patient Safety Attendant (PSA)
Location: Kansas-Overland Park-Overland Park Regional Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09722-69512