HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Phlebotomist in Overland Park, Kansas
Do you have the career opportunities as a Laboratory Technician / Phlebotomist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Menorah Medical Center a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services HCA Healthcare.
At MMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including: * Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs * Paid Personal Leave * 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service) * Identity Theft Protection discounts * Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options * Adoption Assistance * Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP) Great healthcare starts with compassion.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Lab Tech where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Lab technicians are skilled workers that work with complex systems or perform highly technical mechanical or diagnostic tests in medical or scientific laboratories. Lab technicians might collect samples, study and perform tests on body fluids, teeth, chemical compounds, biological specimens, or other fields of science.
About this unit: * Unit is very focused on quality. * Great work environment with friendly staff. * Flexible scheduling is offered. * Great mentors available to help employee learning and growth.
- Under the direct supervision of the Director/Section Manager/Coordinator/Operations Manager/Lead Technologist/Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Technician performs pre-analytic testing responsibilities including clerical duties, data entry, specimen collection, and specimen processing.
- The Lab Technical Assistant collects specimens from birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 to 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
- Performs testing on blood and body fluids as defined by CLIA 1988.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and reagents.
- Maintains non-analytic equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, and centrifuges.
- Maintains a safe work area.
- Demonstrates professional work habits, positive interpersonal skills and great customer service.
- Assist in training new staff as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What Qualifications You Will Need: * Phlebotomy certification preferred. * Graduate of Phlebotomy Course required; additional 6 months experience preferred. If phlebotomy program has not been completed, then must have one-year experience in a medical laboratory required or college course work in biological/chemical sciences. Six months computer keyboarding or equivalent preferred. Menorah Medical Center, a 155 bed, acute care hospital located on the corner of 119th and Nall in Overland Park, serves our community’s healthcare needs by providing compassionate care and some of the most advanced treatment options available in the Kansas City area. MMC has a comprehensive medical staff with more than 600 physicians who offer exceptional experiences and extraordinary medicine for adults, newborns, children and teens.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a /World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere/ since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Lab Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Location: Kansas-Overland Park-Menorah Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09723-67519