Progress Rail Services Corp. Project Manager in Overland Park, Kansas
Overland Park, KS RPS - 318
Manage and document multiple complex transit rail projects from start to finish. Position has complete ownership and responsibility for assigned projects.
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow us @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Education / Training:
• BS degree in Engineering or a related field and/or equivalent project management/project engineering experience.
Key Job Elements:
• Interface with Sales team and subcontractors to accurately estimate opportunities in the transit rail (Public Transportation) business sector;
• Ensure that all contractual terms and conditions of projects are documented and maintained;
• Track project schedules and costs to ensure project remains on-track and on budget;
• Create project file to organize and store all pertinent records;
• Investigate project non-conformances and work with contractors and customers to resolve issues;
• Track project progress and budget through MS Project and MS Excel;
• Perform risk assessment to uncover potential problems with projects;
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Technical/engineering skills highly necessary for this role;
• Five years successful experience in a similar capacity;
• Experience managing transit rail projects;
• Must have experience with technical writing for customer submittals.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Alternative Work Location:
Overland Park, KS