Black & Veatch Senior Subcontracts Rep - Power in Overland Park, Kansas
Senior Subcontracts Rep - Power
Provides support to project and proposal teams with advanced subcontract transaction activities which may expand to assignment on multiple projects. May be required to support other subcontracts duties, including expediting, procurement administration, closeout and proposal development. May lead others with transactional responsibilities, while requiring minimal supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads the solicitation of pricing for subcontracts to support the estimating/proposal and execution efforts for multiple proposals and projects.
• Consults on bidders list for projects in both the proposal and execution stages.
• Leads the bid evaluation process via collaboration with engineering and construction regarding the technical and constructability details of a proposal. Makes recommendations for award to selected bidder(s).
• Leads the negotiation process. Able to resolve complex exceptions to commercial terms.
• Manages the subcontract award and conforming process.
• Able to resolve mildly complex claim or dispute events with subcontractors.
• Communicates scope requirements to Subcontractors within a given project or proposal.
• Trains others in the function of a Subcontracts Representative, with minimal supervision.
• Develops front end commercial documents and processes for new project(s).
• Accountable for fostering and maintaining strong relationships with Subcontractors.
• May provide input to portions of new and/or revised procedures or documents.
• Individual contributor with no subordinates.
• Field rotation anticipated for this position.
Minimum of five (5) years relevant experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
BA or BS degree in Supply Chain Business, Technical / Engineering, Construction Management or related field (preferred). Relevant experience may be substituted for a degree.
• Strong Attention to Detail
• Strong Interpersonal/Relationship Building Skills
• Strong Communication - Written and Oral
• Strong Organizational Skills
• Proficient Computer Skills - Databases and MS Office
• Proficient Contract Comprehension
• Proficient Mathematics
• Proficient Problem Solving
• Basic Project Process Management
• Basic Schedule and Planning Understanding Preferred
• Basic Knowledge of Construction Industry Preferred
• Field Experience Preferred
• Ensures Accountability for Self and Others
• Manages Ambiguity
• Situational Adaptability
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.