IQVIA Service Desk Techn in Overland Park, Kansas
Under general supervision, provide high quality phone-based service desk support to end users regarding IT problems and service requests.
• Must be flexible in working hours (e.g. weekday evenings, weekday overnights)
• Using remote control tools solve 75% of incident calls on the first interaction with the customer.
• Analyze data points from monitoring tools and reporting systems to determine the root cause of a problem and perform the necessary functions to resolve the problem.
• Adhere to established IT policies, procedures and standards and ensure conformance with information systems goals and procedures.
• Provide management with information on problems that are severe in nature or that are exceeding target dates.
• Maintain a thorough working knowledge of the day-to-day operating environment, available tools, and client applications. Maintain a working knowledge of Service Desk and IT Operations procedures related to client services.
• Provide assistance in the areas of site support, and project specific assignments. Provide training as needed to end-users.
• Provide support for business applications.
• Perform other duties as required.
All responsibilities are essential job functions unless noted as nonessential (N).
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must have or be willing to get ITIL v3 Foundations certified
• Working knowledge of Microsoft server, workstation and networking technologies.
• Working knowledge of industry standards with regards to system and network administration.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to solve PC related problems utilizing remote control tools.
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• School diploma/certificate and 3 years IT experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com .
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
IQVIA is a world leader in using data, technology, advanced analytics, and expertise to help customers drive healthcare – and human health – forward. Together with the companies we serve, we are enabling a more modern, more effective and more efficient healthcare system, and creating breakthrough solutions that transform business and patient outcomes.
To get there, it takes diverse skills and a curiosity to explore new possibilities. No matter your role, everyone at IQVIA, including our colleagues at Q² Solutions, contributes to our shared goal of improving human health. Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us.