T-Mobile Sr Manager, Software Development in Overland Park, Kansas
Builds, develops, and manages a team of developers, who will establish and help in building & maintaining a solid operational data store (ODS) environment. Ability to rapidly deliver world class software solutions to T-Mobile business customers primarily focused on supply chain needs (e.g., Demand planning, Inventory Management, Forward & Reverse logistics, etc.) but expanding into marketing, finance, sales and other areas with similar operational reporting needs. Works very closely with IT partner teams working on multiple projects with operational reporting requirements.
What you’ll do in your role.
Product Management- manage a team of TPM/PM/BA resources that attend to functional and technical engagements with the business and Dev teams, driving clarity in product direction and intent. Resources are predominately tending to Billing Assurance, Zero Touch, Streaming Conversions, and RTB/NGR workstreams.
IHAP Development- owns development and deployment of fully in house application solutions, works with the manager of the existing team to meet project delivery expectations. Current IHAP solutions are predominately driving value for the CaMO Streaming Conversion project in the eligibility domain.
DevOps Maturity Journey- chartered to work with the org’s Director to evaluate current DevOps practices, formulate DevOps practice standards, co-author planning toward DevOps maturity objectives, and consult streamlined Product Teams on implementation.
• Builds staffing plans that ensure management and development teams are staffed with skill sets required to enhance existing systems as well as deliver new systems functionality required by the business.
• Provides input for departmental budgets and work to manage operational and capital expenses to meet budget.
Technology and System
• Recommends new technology directions in collaboration with Design and Enterprise Architecture teams.
• Plans for and ensures that management and development staff have tools/skills required to perform job functions (workstations, software, servers, disk space, training, etc.).
• Oversees data modeling and ETL, metadata management & looks after data quality.
• Demonstrates knowledge of industry best practices, and a deep understanding how data is extracted, transformed, scrubbed and loaded in a large DW environment with data originating from many source systems.
• Designs and leads Business Intelligence technology proof of concepts.
• Works with other management to understand project and business priorities and schedule work with development staff based on those priorities.
• Constantly improves the development processes, tools and methodologies used in the development group.
• Delivers high quality products on time and within budget.
Relationship and People Management
• Oversees technical relationships with multiple assigned vendors, including driving features and function requests for inclusion in future product releases.
• Effectively manages team to achieve results by providing appropriate direction, timely developmental feedback and coaching, and conducting performance reviews and conversations.
• Interviews and hires qualified managers and team members, striving to improve T-Mobile bench strength and augmenting product or project teams with contract staff when required.
• Supports team in creating training and career development plans and ensures assignments with increasing levels of responsibility are given to staff.
• Provides coaching and direction to the team that drives action and enables achievement of performance and operational goals.
The experience you’ll bring.
Management- Multiple years of experience optimizing team structure, evaluating resource dependencies, and developing talent to achieve team oriented objectives.
DevOps Practices- Strong thought leader on DevOps practices with extensive experience putting DevOps in practice. Chartered to co-author DevOps maturity planning toward organizational Agility objectives.
Technology Expertise- Thought leader in SDLC tools and effectively utilizing them for delivery.
Bachelor’s Degree: Computer Science or in A Computer Programming Related Field.
7-10 Years: Experience of Developing Large Scale Business Systems Applications.
2-4 Years: Management Experience with Programming Staff Including Leadership, Planning, and Coordination of Development Work For 4 Large Projects.
Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
At least 18 years of age
Legally authorized to work in the United States
High School Diploma or GED
T-Mobile requires all employees in this position to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. T-Mobile will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause T-Mobile undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
Req ID: 188238BR
Department: Information Technology
Travel Required: No