Black & Veatch Sr. Project Controls Analyst in Overland Park, Kansas
Sr. Project Controls Analyst
Business Line:Govt Federal SE
The Black & Veatch Special Projects Corp. has its mission to provide a full range of services to our primary client base - U.S. Government agencies and departments. With the unique skill sets we have developed during the 100-plus years of service to our U.S. Government agencies client base, we are able to provide one-of-a-kind solutions to complex mission objectives that arise out of specific challenges faced by and unique to these agencies. Our primary areas of focus are: Architecture/Engineering (A/E) Services, Defense Program, Design/Build, Classified, and Environmental.
Senior level position; emphasis in scheduling. Assigned to projects for U.S. Government Agency/Department clients. Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Under general supervision, competently performs all aspects of planning/scheduling, cost analysis, and field project assignments according to training, capability and experience. Provides some guidance to less experienced project controls personnel. Acts in capacity of a “lead person”. Has project team supervisory responsibilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Individual Contributor in addition to leading effective teams of Project Controls professionals. Positively influence internal and external clients to achieve successful results. Coordinates all facets of project scheduling including change controls. Achieves a high level of forecasting accuracy. Proactive in addressing project issues therefore supporting a successful project outcome. Leads proposal efforts.
• Proficient in the use of Primavera (P6) software (5+ years)
• Experienced setting up and monitoring complex project schedules
• Responsible for Planning the EPCM Scope of Work
• Create project Work Breakdown structure
• Master Schedule baseline development
• Track project deliverables & monitor physical percent complete (Quantity tracking)
• Use CPM schedule to monitor, equipment, logistic activities, vendors & subcontractors scope of work
• Earned Value Management Curves
• Plan / Actual / Earned / Forecast Curves
Four-year Bachelor's degree with six or more years of relevant Cost Control of Planning & Scheduling experience OR no four-year Bachelor's degree required with eight years or more of relevant Cost Control or Planning & Scheduling experience in Home Office or Field Office. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Qualified candidates will be familiar with government contracting.
• Strong experience with Earned Value Management (EVMS) highly preferred.
Prefer Master's degree or local equivalent in Engineering or Construction Management.
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
• Developing Direct Reports
• Innovation Management
• Managerial Courage
Preferred Technical Competencies:
• Leadership skills to include the ability to influence, manage, lead, guide/coach, develop, motivate, and mentor team professionals
• Advanced communication and inter-personal skills
• Self-starter and ability to make decisions independently
• Computer skills
• Planning skills
• Advanced knowledge of cost engineering
• Advanced knowledge of schedule management
• Advanced knowledge of contract administration
• Problem solver
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.