Thermo Fisher Scientific Supervisor, Production in Overland Park, Kansas
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
Lenexa, KS/ Microbiology Division
How will you make an impact?
The Production Supervisor is responsible for the organization and coordination of manufacturing activities and the supervision of employees within their assigned department. Manage conflict effectively to resolve issues effectively. Use Lean tools to reduce scrap and improve operational efficiencies, product quality, and regulatory compliance. Use Project Management tools to implement plans to increase efficiency and decrease waste. Provide employees with the tools necessary to work safely and efficiently, and provide positive employee motivation.
What will you do?
• Maintain appropriate staffing, interview applicants, and hire qualified candidates.
• Ensure proper training in safety, core competencies, and continuous improvement for new and existing employees.
• Write and administer performance evaluations and recommend salary adjustments.
• Conduct employee coaching and counseling for attendance, performance, and adherence to company policies and procedures.
• Process employee time records, absences, overtime, paid time off, etc while maintaining proper staffing.
• Review and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), Standard Work, and Device History Records (DHRs) to ensure consistent and reliable processes and procedures that comply with Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations/ Quality System Regulation (QSR) guidelines, International Organization for Standardization (ISO) requirements and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
• Create and maintain a safe work environment by engaging the associates in reporting potential safety hazards, support of the EH&S guidelines, and continual emphasis on safe work habits and working conditions. Investigate safety problems, develop corrective actions with EH&S and implement and communicate changes.
• Continuously assess the physical condition of the workplace regarding safety and ergonomic correctness. Implement 5S and maintain a thorough audit process.
• Use Leader Standard Work to focus on Lean Management, visual controls to monitor actual versus expected, and maintain the discipline of daily accountability to drive improvement activities.
• Use visual management to track, monitor, and analyze production performance indicators, establish triggers, and ensure sustainable corrective actions are in place to improve quality, reduce waste, and improve efficiencies.
• Use visual management to constantly monitor efficiency of production systems, coordinate activities to correct issues, and use an escalation process to correct issues that cannot be immediately resolved.
• Use Project Management to plan and implement projects that improve quality, decrease waste, and increase efficiency.
• Investigate production problems and failures. Identify possible causes and coordinate with appropriate functional areas in finding solutions.
• Ensure that all production equipment is validated and operating within specifications.
• Promote production effectiveness by communicating and cooperating with other departments and shifts to maintain or improve quantity or quality of production.
• In addition, other duties may be assigned as the business need warrants.
How will you get here?
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3-4 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Demonstrated leadership skills in previous work experiences.
• Knowledge of FDA, cGMP/QSR, and ISO preferred
• Knowledge and experience with Lean Enterprise tools preferred
• Knowledge and experience with Project Management tools preferred
• Listen to, follow and relay written and verbal instructions in English.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.