HCA Healthcare Tech Analyst II Help Desk Menorah Medical Ctr in Overland Park, Kansas
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Tech Analyst II opening with Menorah Medical Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
Menorah Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
Colleague recognition program
Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits (https://careers.hcahealthcare.com/pages/employee-benefits-and-rewards)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a Tech Analyst II for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Technical Analyst II implements and supports facility and division desktop equipment and is the key technical resource responding to end user desktop incidents and ITG requests reported to the Service Desk. Technical Analyst II will also be responsible for mentoring, supporting and training entry-level Technical Analysts. Problems beyond the scope of their ability or responsibility are communicated in a timely manner to senior-level support personnel. Support to other division and facility IT personnel is provided, as warranted, and participation in 24x7 on-call support is provided based on division IT staff rotation.
The Technical Analyst II adheres to and supports HCA IT policies and procedures, and recommends process changes that improve the implementation, maintenance and support of IT desktop equipment and software. Based on proficiency with PC-based equipment and cabling, the Technical Analyst II can provide expanded on-site support to technical resources, if needed.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Installs and repairs facility and division ITG equipment and software per HCA and division ITG standards and guidelines, including but not limited to terminals, personal computers, printers, cabling, and related software products
· Responds to and resolves inquiries and requests for assistance with division or facility computer systems, and provides a superior customer support experience for division and facility users
· Analyzes and provides hands-on support for moderate to complex inquiries. Determines appropriate technical area or vendor to resolve the problem and coordinates with other technical areas, as needed
· Logs and tracks problems; reviews problem tracking databases
· Mentors, trains and supports entry-level technical analysts
· Performs facility-based moves, adds, and changes (MACs), as needed
· Maintains documentation for each incident or request, and escalates complex problems to the next level of support per documented procedures
· Provides 24x7 on-call support based on division IT staff rotation, and carries a pager as warranted
· Aids and trains users on division and facility technology
· Performs preventative maintenance
· Recommends process changes that improve the implementation, maintenance and support of IT&S desktop equipment and software
· Effectively works with customers, Service Desk and Technical Services personnel
· Participates in meetings, committees and continuing education to improve individual, departmental and organizational performance
· Adheres to and supports HCA IT&S standards, policies and procedures
· Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects of patient care and employee information
· Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement
· Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Manages and prioritizes workload
• Demonstrates ability to multi-task; Possesses strong analytical skills
• Demonstrates a customer orientation; strength in analytical, math, and reasoning skills
• Effectively communicates verbally and in writing
• Possesses proficiency in MS Office applications
• Must be able to drive to assigned sites to complete work
• Bachelor’s degree in information systems or healthcare related field is preferred
• Must have three years IT experience
• Basic certification in A+ and Microsoft desktop product support is preferred; education and/or experience may be substituted for A+ certification
• Valid state drivers license and proof of auto insurance, if applicable
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, lifting, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers and/or boxes up to 50 pounds. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations. Occasional travel between facilities may be required.
The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in some other way.
ITG (https://hcahealthcare.com/) transforms healthcare and gives people healthier tomorrows . We deliver information technology strategy, support, and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward . We do this by seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Tech Analyst II Menorah Medical Center opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.