Crosswinds Casino Barback in Park City, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12457273
Job Title: Barback
JOB PURPOSE -Stocking the bars, rotating alcohol, and helping the bartenders when needed.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Cleaning the coolers, rotating stock and stocking the bars.
2. Assisting the bartenders, giving them breaks and bussing the lounge area.
3. Stock items when low, (ice, straws, napkins, etc.).
4. May get a bank, ring up orders, keep tips and handle paperwork as required by company policies and procedures.
5. Deal tactfully with guests when handling unexpected situations, finding solutions that ensure customer satisfaction with minimal financial impact on F&B operations.
6. Performs as a team member with a positive attitude when dealing with guest and co-workers.
7. Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
8. Communicates effectively with co-workers, management and guests.
9. Operate as an emergency Pull/Count Team member as required.
10. May be required to perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High School diploma or GED and 1 year of experience in a bar or restaurant environment.
2. Must be at least 21 years of age.
3. Ability to count and make change.
4. Must be able to lift and move 50lbs.
5. Must be reliable, punctual and cooperative with co-workers and supervisors.
6. Maintain a professional and even-tempered demeanor in a high stress environment.
7. Ability to work in areas containing high noise levels and second hand smoke.
8. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
9. Ability to read, write, and understand English.
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Speak and communicate effectively with individuals and before groups of people.
- Ability to verbally communicate using appropriate English standards of language.
Ability to accurately calculate figures and amounts and perform mathematical functions applicable to business needs.
Must be able to qualify for any and all licenses or permits required by local, State, Federal and/or Wyandotte Nation law.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to lift, push, pull, or carry 50lbs in emergency situations.
2. Ability to function in a smoking environment.
3. Employee smoking is restricted to outside location and during break times.
4. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
5. The noise levels in the work environment are constant.
6. Ascend/descend flights of stairs to access office and break areas throughout work day.
7. Ability to sit, stand, and walk for entirety of shift as required to conduct normal assigned duties.
8. Efficiently function in an environment with blinking/blinding lights.
- 401(k) Matching
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: \$9.00 per hour
Supplemental Pay: Tips
Application Questions: Are you 21 years of age or older?
Education: High school or equivalent (Preferred)
**Experience *: bar/restaurant: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One Location