Kansas Employer Armed Security Guard- Full Time Evenings Parsons in Parsons, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12646743
Summary:The Armed Security Guard is responsible for Protective Services at Labette Health Campuses, and assists patients and provides excellent customer service. The Armed Security Guard position works flexible, random hours throughout the week and on the weekends. Provides armed security for Labette Health campuses in their daily routine and for special hospital events, on or off campus, within accordance with local, state, and federal law.
Qualifications:Requires two (2) years of experience as a state certified law enforcement officer, certified armed correctional officer, or licensed armed security guard with preference for those with military service, and be at least 21 years-of-age.
- Must not have been discharged from the military under dishonorable or other than honorable conditions.
- Must have a valid Kansas driver\'s license and good driving history.
- Be of good moral character and pass a background check and submit to a mental health evaluation, similar in nature to evaluations given to law enforcement officers, and be recommended for service as an armed security guard.
- Must not have any felony, drug related, domestic violence, or other criminal convictions that could discredit the employee or the hospital, or any other reasons that would prohibit the employee from carrying a firearm.
- Must be able to pass a firearms marksmanship qualification course similar in nature to evaluations given to law enforcement officers.
- Must have completed the Basic Level of training for healthcare security and safety officers within the previous 5-years and have a valid certificate of completion or be able to obtain the certification from the Basic Course offered by the International Association of Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) within the first month of employment and recertify every 5-years, per IAHSS standards
- Must be able to pass a physical fitness standard for Armed Security Guards that is set by the organization before being hired and every two years thereafter