Kansas Employer Library Adult Services Assistant in Pittsburg, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12654382
Definition of Work:
This is a part-time position in the librarys Adult Services Department, assisting patrons in the use of library collections through reference interviews, reference and literature searches, and instruction in the use of computer software to locate requested material. The Adult Services Assistant also helps plan and assist with Adult Services programs and activities. This position requires friendly, high quality customer service to library patrons of all ages. Serves under the direction of the Head of Adult Services.
- Provides readers advisor and reference assistance to library patrons.
- Maintains current knowledge of materials, resources, programs, and services throughout the library and refers patrons as needed
- Uses the librarys automated catalog system to locate and retrieve materials
- Answers telephone, mail, and online reference requests and department correspondence
- Answers questions about the librarys programs and services
- Maintains the general appearance of the second floor adult area, including the reference, stacks, and magazine areas
- Assists with interlibrary loan duties
- Shelves books and reads and straightens shelves as time permits
- May assist with library programs
- Understands and explains library policies and procedures to patrons
- Undertakes other functions and duties as required